Kosi2801

Member since Mar 2022 • Last active Sep 2022
  • 3 conversations
  • 14 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

I had the exactly same issue as sachinm had after updating to the latest cutting edge firmware version.

Using the reset procedure as halemmerich suggested without loading code I could connect again and reset to the stable 2v14 firmware.
    With that version everything works again.

Thanks for the hint!

• in Bangle.js

I had the same experience.
    I flashed back to the stable version and then upgraded again to 2v13.123 and on the second try the notifications work again.

• in Bangle.js

Thank you for that nice app :-)

I'd like to bring in some small suggestions. Of course, since those are just from my personal usage patterns, they may not match to others.

• for me, configuring seconds in a timer is an exceptional rarity. Maybe in the settings it would be possible to add a config, that enables/disables seconds for timers?
    • initially you had that "Time Now:" text. While I think that in the context of a timer that info may not be too helpful, for me it would be useful if it were to display a "Ends at: hh:mm:ss" (or "Ending: ", "Until: ", ...?) time instead. If the fonts size is larger or the same size you had that line initially would not be so important for me :-)
  • in Bangle.js

Was there not a flashing envelope symbol in the top left? That's usually shown as well

Whoops, you are right, I completely overlooked that, sorry for that.

Thanks for the link to the Github issue, wasn't aware that I'm bringing up something that's already in progress.
    I will try to check the Github too in the future before I post in the forums here.

• in Bangle.js

Yes, I meant only the main message list.

Thank you very much for the explanation, I'll be patient and wait for the change :-)

• in Bangle.js

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the instructions.

What puzzled me was, that there was no apparent display of any notification as I was navigating the Settings and still the buzzer was vibrating.

The behavior feels a bit off (as it seems different on the Clock app than in another app) and I tried to come up with an improvement suggestion. eg. if the button is pressed or the watch is unlocked and the display is touched stop the vibration. But the settings allow to leave the watch unlocked I realized that it's maybe not so easy to come up with something that not only fits my usage patterns but also other peoples' :-/

Would it maybe make sense to also allow for a limited number of "repetitions", eg. off/3/5/10/unlimited times?

• in Bangle.js

Just curious, in almost all applications pressing the button has the semantic meaning of a "back" action.
    ("back" meaning back to the previous level, with the top node being the launcher).

This is the case in almost all apps, except the "Messages" app, where to get out of it one has to tap the "back" icon on the screen which (at least for me) feels like a UI inconsistency.

Was there a special reason why in the Messages app the back functionality was not put on the button but on a visual icon instead?

• in Bangle.js

Hi, one odd thing I have recognized a few times now.

When on my Bangle2 I'm in not directly at the Clock app but eg. in the launcher or the Settings menu and then a notification comes in from the phone (eg. a WhatsApp or email) then the vibro motor buzzes as expected.
    But unexpectedly it continues to buzz every few seconds until I long-press the button and return to the Clock.

My current Bangle.js2 firmware version: 2v12.107.

Actions