Aracnoss

Member since Mar 2022 • Last active Aug 2023
  • 1 conversations
  • 5 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Thank you @Gordon, just purchased one off the store! Appreciate that comes at a cost to you, so seriously thanks. Have no regrets backing you on Kickstarter and if that next version ever comes to fruition, I'll be there for it too (or wherever you launch it from).

@HughB I would've, but as you say the button is pretty important, so it'd be quite a hard sell given all the labour... Buuut someone has DM'd me and I'll look to send it their way to take a chance at it. Whatever comes of that is infinitely better than just turning it to e-waste.

Tbh I wear a Pebble Time Steel whenever I'm not wearing a BangleJS (probably got it on as you read this haha), and I imagine given the audience you've got here, that many of them also loved/wore an iteration of that watch too. So, while I don't speak on behalf of everyone, I'd say as long as it's reliable and well put together, a bulkier watch can totally be worth it.

• in Bangle.js

@adjtm thanks for the info, and sorry for the late reply. Ironically, I've got a comment on that first one, since my first unit did have that defect, but this definitely feels different and is completely unresponsive.

@Gordon yeah, I was more speculating on that one, but it definitely took a rough fall (despite that, the button was the only notable issue even the screen was fine). Btw if we do get another revision of the 2 or a 3, a more idiot (read, me) proof button would be high up there.
    I also tried some percussive maintenance already, as I'd thought the same thing, but it didn't do anything, might be worth noting I don't hear any noticeable noise if I rattle it?

Unfortunate, but fair enough... With that in mind, I think I'll take the discount and buy a new one, would still be happy to send it back to you though (I'll pay for postage, would just need an address), even if you take it apart for spare parts or can send it on to someone else who'd like to take a hack it, better that than ending up in the bin/landfill right?

• in Bangle.js

As per the title, I unfortunately dropped my poor watch. I'm guessing it landed on the button, or something, since it now has a spongy feel and no responsiveness at all. Ironically similar to the fate of my first bangleJS, though I didn't break that one myself.

I'm not skilled enough with a heat gun to pull it apart (much less put it back together) and see if the button is broken or just jolted loose, so is there any chance I'm able to send it back for repair? I'm definitely out of warranty, since this was already a replacement watch... So I don't mind how much it'd cost, just want to know if it's an option since it'd be a shame for it to just be thrown away.

• in Bangle.js

Hate to add onto this, but I'm having the same problem @Gordon (and mine's a kickstarter banglejs 2 if it helps), went to click the button this morning and no click, just a soft press.

I also ended up with the contacts problem, but that was manageable. Definitely need a replacement/fix for this though since I'm not tempted to try and open the thing up, and it's not really usable in it's current state.

Actions