GRikell

Member since Feb 2022 • Last active Mar 2024
  • 2 conversations
  • 11 comments

Most recent activity

• 7 comments
  • in Bangle.js

=[ 88, 0 ]

But after that initial hiccup, after updating to V15, it is working fine now.

Thanks!

• in Bangle.js

Hello All,
    I need some clarifications about what is the proper way of managing power of the various sensors (compass, barometer, ..).
    From the Espruino reference, I gather that there is a set of Bangle.setXYZPower() functions, which turn on or off the sensors, but I wonder what happens if an application is terminated or replaced, while a sensor is powered on.
    Does the sensor remains up, or is it everything reset each time a new app is loaded?
    Perhaps the firmware maintains a list of apps which are using the sensor, and remove the relative entry when an app exits?
    Any kind of atExit() callback, in order to clean up things properly before terminating?
    Thanks!

• in Bangle.js

Hello,
    I also found a glitch with barometer readings in one of my apps.
    The first few values, after powering it up, were zeroes but then, after a while, it started reporting the altitude consistently.
    Wrt settings being corrupted, I found that all apps had them erased (as if the files were removed).

• in Bangle.js

Hi Gordon,
    indeed reinstalling the settings app solved the issue in my case.
    It was impossible to just rewrite the settings as the launcher did not worked.

• in Bangle.js

Hello,
    I also updated to v15, this morning.
    The process completed successfully but then I was unable to launch any app (the screen displayed "loading" and then nothing else), the clock was set to GMT (I am in CEST), etc.
    I then deleted and reinstalled the settings app and, although all my previous settings were gone, I was able to restore them (including timezone).
    Now it seems ok .. (I hope).

• in Bangle.js

The issue is actually just the SWDIO pin (second from the right - https://www.espruino.com/Bangle.js2#hard­ware-swd)

Ok, this is strange as the tape shifted a bit on the right side, leaving part of the left-central pin (SWDCLK) uncovered.
    An the corrosion occurred mostly on the leftmost pin (GND)

• in Bangle.js

Hi All,
    I have a "second wave" Bangle, which came with the little piece of tape covering the two central contacts.
    However, after I while it came off, so I replaced it with another cut which succumbed, as well, after a couple of months.
    I'm a little bit worried since the two outside pins are starting to oxidize and, as it happened with an Amazfit watch, this can make impossible to charge the device.
    Now I painted the contacts with a laque, but I wonder if there any way to solve this issue one for all.

Also, is the voltage on the two central pins somewhat related to CPU activity? Because after using the watch with an app which I developed, continuously running in the background, it seems that corrosion has kicked up after a day or two.

Thanks!
    g-

• in Bangle.js

Yes!
    Thanks a lot (my trainings will improve for sure)

Actions