momo

Member since Dec 2021 • Last active May 2022
  • 3 conversations
  • 12 comments

Most recent activity

• 23 comments
  • in Bangle.js

Gordon, thank you for all the support, this really isn't "selbstverständlich". You're realizing a bold idea (JS on a watch, amazing) and then you're sharing it with likeminded folks (Kickstarter + Manufacturer + Logistics ++++, n-times-amazing), and then you're providing support.
    Checking your email now, in case my Bangle is seriously broken I'll just order a new one.
    ~momo

• in Bangle.js

Hi @Gordon, flattened the Battery & plugged it in - Nothing happened directly but after pressing & holding the button (I think that's normal) the watch booted. The scrolling issue unfortunately persists.

• in Bangle.js

Executed your code, now waiting for the battery to flatten. The battery already was empty once since this behavior started, but just naturally, no flattening.

The first time I noticed this behavior was indeed after the bootloader + firmware update, it could be that it started shortly before and I didn't notice because I didn't access the menu, but it still is weird.

Hardware-wise, the Bangle was treated extremely well, no water contact, never even fell down.

• in Bangle.js

UPDATE #2

Heres some logs from the above snippet, hope it gives more insight:

Simple Single Touch

drag { "x": 94, "y": 71, "b": 1, "dx": 0,
      "dy": 0 }
    drag { "x": 94, "y": 71, "b": 0, "dx": 0,
    touch { "x": 94, "y": 71, "type": 0 }

Drag Left to Right

drag { "x": 1, "y": 93, "b": 1, "dx": 0,
    drag { "x": 1, "y": 191, "b": 1, "dx": 0,
      "dy": 98 }
    drag { "x": 2, "y": 191, "b": 1, "dx": 1,
    drag { "x": 3, "y": 191, "b": 1, "dx": 1,
    drag { "x": 4, "y": 191, "b": 1, "dx": 1,
    drag { "x": 5, "y": 191, "b": 1, "dx": 1,
    drag { "x": 6, "y": 191, "b": 1, "dx": 1,
    drag { "x": 7, "y": 191, "b": 1, "dx": 1,
    drag { "x": 8, "y": 191, "b": 1, "dx": 1,
    drag { "x": 9, "y": 191, "b": 1, "dx": 1,
    drag { "x": 11, "y": 191, "b": 1, "dx": 2,
    drag { "x": 12, "y": 191, "b": 1, "dx": 1,
    drag { "x": 13, "y": 191, "b": 1, "dx": 1,

Drag Top to Bottom

drag { "x": 89, "y": 55, "b": 1, "dx": 0,
    drag { "x": 89, "y": 191, "b": 1, "dx": 0,
      "dy": 136 }
    touch { "x": 89, "y": 191, "type": 2 }
    drag { "x": 89, "y": 191, "b": 0, "dx": 0,

• in Bangle.js

UPDATE
    I've tried the code that @myownself linked above and put it into RAM: Touches seem to work, left-to-right and right-to-left drag seems to work (although the y value doesn't change even if I alter the finger position) BUT dragging up & down does not work! When dragging up or down on the screen there's only one drag event registered followed by a touch?!

Super annoying issue, but I'm really curious how this can happen :D
    ~momo

• in Bangle.js

Thanks for your answers! The issue is really insane.

@myownself yes, touch seems to work - just scrolling doesn't properly. In the main menu, e.g. I can't scroll up or down at all. If I open settings (which works as it's the first menu item and auto-selected) then there is some scrolling happening, but it's completely random (doesn't necessarily scroll when I drag my finger, randomly fires touch events while dragging the finger).

@Gordon I have the Bangle.js 2 from your Kickstarter campaign. Long-pressing the button (until the ====== bar is complete) does reboot the watch but doesn't fix the problem.

~momo

• in Bangle.js

Dear Community,

Since the update to firmware 2v12 (using the firmware updater, including a bootloader update), my touchscreen doesn't work anymore. I can't e.g. scroll in the standard menu (which basically bricks the watch for me).
    I tried rebooting, uninstalling all apps, reinstalling the 2v11 firmware, nothing helped. Any suggestions?

Thank you so much
    ~momo

Actions