user137174

Member since Nov 2021 • Last active Nov 2022
  • 0 conversations
  • 6 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Hi Gordon,
    Just checking in to say I am back home, a replacement would be great if you have stock of black ones. Also will need return address for this one.
    Regards,
    Mick

• in Bangle.js

Hi, Initial testing was carried out without a table or power, these were only added later to extend the time to get a possible lock. Also I have no problem with other devices getting good signals in the same area, on the same table. Though I have never needed to power them externally. So pretty unlikely.

• in Bangle.js

@Gordon
    Crude, I know. But it allowed me to keep the watch powered, in fact I had forgotten about it till I read your email, just now. The extension cable was also covered, bucket removed for clarity. Nothing has changed and it still hasn’t received any GPS info.

If there is further checking I can do, then that’s OK, if you wish I can wait till the AGPS is online. To be honest I am out of country for a few months so sending watches, back and forth from next weekend will be a little difficult.
    At the end of the day I would just like one that works.

Regards,
    Apologies if you get this twice as I replied to the notification email, which may or may not be a real post box.

• in Bangle.js

OK, update is that the Bangle has been outside for over 24 hours, still no fix, no time and satellites found. I am of the opinion that the Bangle is defective, not sure what else I can try.

• in Bangle.js

@HughB
    Hi Hugh, firstly thanks for the reply. I did try GPSInfo and the GPS widget, the widget indicated that GPS was on, but despite leaving it a while outside GPSInfo failed to get any satellites. I have not tried GPS touch yet.
    I have used the IDE to set up the bangle as suggested above and after 11 hrs outside, with a clear view of the sky I still have NaN for Lat, Long , Speed, undefined for time and 0 for all other variables.
    I have set up power outside and will leave the bangle running overnight inside a plastic bag, is the UK after all. If I still have nothing tomorrow, I suspect there is an antenna problem, as the GPS chip works to some degree in that it is communicating with the IDE.

• in Bangle.js

I have exactly the same problem, time is set, accurate within a couple of seconds. Bangle left on table in middle of a relatively large garden, with a clear view of the sky. GPS set to on using Bangle.GPSPower(1), Bangle.getGPSFix() ran every 5 minutes or so, after 1 hr all data is NaN, time undefined and 0 satellites. Not sure how to set location and/or AGPS data. Any help or ideas welcomed.

Actions