user135414

Member since Oct 2021 • Last active Mar 2024
  • 2 conversations
  • 9 comments

Most recent activity

• 13 comments
  • in Bangle.js

Thanks @Gordon

Too big a project and out of my scope. Perhaps this will become a feature in time...

Cheers

PS: really appreciate your responses.

• in Bangle.js

Thanks @Gordon

Are you referring to GadgetBridge on the Bangle.js side or the F-Droid App side?

Cheers

• in Bangle.js

Interesting idea! Did it ever come to fruition? i.e. can a call be made (initiated) from Bangle.js via GadgetBridge to a number or numbers?

I'm really hoping the answer is "Yes" :-)

• 7 comments
  • in Bangle.js

@Gordon and @HughB - really appreciate it. Sorry if I missed it somewhere in the docs.

Cheers

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

Hi Gordon

Thanks to you (and Robin) for the responses. I appreciate all the feedback and the speed of reply.

I'm looking forward to seeing the updated implementation of GadgetBridge to support sending the request(s) to the internet.

Will this be limited to only working on the Bangle.js 2 or will the original Bangle.Js also be able to make use of this feature?

Cheers

PS: Blecon looks like a great alternative in the meantime, thanks for pointing me in their direction!

• in Bangle.js

Hi Robin

Again, I appreciate the rapid reply!

You got me - I'm sorry. I missed the long press exiting an app and returning to the default clock. (Egg on face moment...)

I did do a setWatch() and listen for a button press and once detected I called load() and the current clock - that worked I just wasn't sure this was the correct way to do it - and moreover it assumes that the user has the same clock installed that I have. Which is a bad assumption.

How would I call the default clock if I wanted to listen for a specific button press?

Cheers

Hi @Robin

I had not in fact read that page and those referenced by that page. I have done so now - and will do so again in more detail, however, either I'm still misunderstanding something or I phrased my question poorly.

I understand that I can host a page or pages on a website on a public url - but I need to access that page from a BT enabled device while I am in range of the puck for this to work.

I'm trying to understand how I can get or send data to the puck from a url on the public web while I am not within BT range of the puck. i.e. it's truly remote (let's say the puck is at home, I am in the office and I want to know the temperature or light reading from the puck).

The puck itself cannot connect to my home WiFi for example - so how do I "bridge" the connection so that my puck has internet access?

Thanks a lot for your speedy response earlier - much appreciated.

Cheers

Hi Folks

I know that the puck and Bangle (and others) can be accessed and programmed via BLE on a BLE capable device and that they don't have a WiFi stack. However I'm confused as to how I can "bridge" a connection so that a puck (for example) could report something from a sensor (such as light or temperature) to a website sitting on the public internet.

Or being able to call a url on the public internet (such as IFTT or Zapier) to trigger other workflows based on the puck's sensor data?

I get that I can host an Espruino Hub on a raspberry Pi 3 which would give me control in the sense that I have a web server running on my local network - but would I be able to forward/proxy an HTTP request to another domain (again on the public internet) or is there an easier, simpler method to accomplish this?

Appreciate any help or directions...

Cheers

Actions