Nikita.Avan

Member since Oct 2021 • Last active Jun 2022
  • 2 conversations
  • 12 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

No worries, i just had to upload apps and everything works correctly.

• in Bangle.js

Hi!
    I am not sure what did I do wrong but it happed to me twice last month. I just use the watch as a watch, receiving notifications, alarms, a couple of GPS track recordings, nothing special. But suddenly got some sort of error then message erasing memory (something like that) and inability to boot. The first time I just waited for the battery to drain and then somehow the watch turned on and wiped and I installed everything once again. After that, I used them casually with no problem. And now after a few weeks, it happened once again. I can do nothing, just reboot and they can't boot even after the battery drain and re-charges... I am not sure how to fix it and how to rely on the watch (they can easily freeze at night and I just miss my alarm). It happened last time. Could anyone help me?

• in Bangle.js

@Gordon could you please check PM regarding the button issue. Thank you

• in Bangle.js

@Gordon I am a kickstarter backer. Well, I thought the back panel should be removed not the screen. I feel less certain at the moment. The whole button with a small board and ribbon cable should be replaced? Do you know how to find exactly the same model? Just thinking about options if I can find the replacement button here.

• in Bangle.js

@Gordon hi. It seems like the button on my watch is gone also. It was strange behavior the last couple of days when I had to click twice to unlock the watch then this morning it stopped reacting to press at all. There is no clicking sound. Is it possible to replace the button by myself? I have some small experience and quite straight hands lol.

• in Bangle.js

@Gordon thank you so much for such a detailed explanation. Seems like a problem with the gadgetbridge connection is finally gone. I had to dig deeper into settings for energy saving on the pixel phone (there are a couple of different options one of them was turned on by default). The GPS tracker works much better and the recorded track looks correct at the moment.
    I appreciate your help.

• in Bangle.js

I spent two months with the watch and got a bit of observation of how they are for daily usage. And I'd appreciate any help regarding some of them. I could overlook something.

1. (Problem here) I use my watch with a Pixel 2XL and Gadgetbridge. The watch has a tendency to disconnect from Gadgetbridge occasionally and connect back after a while. It doesn't happen sometimes at all and I have to manually click on the plus button in the app then reconnect the watch. So basically these periods of missing connection skip all gathered information including steps, distance, and heart rate. Basically, I cannot get statistics of the whole day. To be fair I cannot understand why it happens. The watch connected properly just in the Gadgetbridge app, not in the Bluetooth settings. In These periods of time, the watch is useless because I cannot rely on the received information nor receive notifications.

2. (Idea). Regarding the weather. When Gadgetbridge established a connection information on the widget is shown correctly. It disappears once occasional disconnection accrues. Would it be possible to keep the last weather reading on the widget even when disconnection occurs? It is just an idea I won't be able to introduce it to the code because I have no clue in coding at all :)

3. (Limitation) Actually, I don't like this mechanism when I have to manually disconnect from the Gadgetbridge then connect to the page with the app loader. I know it is a limitation at the moment but it is better to have a proprietary app to make this experience more seamless (automatic uploading information from the watch). It refers mainly to .gpx files.

4. (problem here) I have one more problem. I am struggling to get any useful GPS information to use the watch like a tracker for cycling or running. The watch sees satellites and records information but when I try to upload tracks to Osmand (have not tried strava) it shows up very strange distance and speed. These readings make the information completely useless. It is a bit sad because it was one of the key reasons to have GPS in the gadget. Could you please help to troubleshoot this?

I am on the latest firmware and gadgetbidge. I have also uploaded the AGPS information and the watch find satellites with no problem. I even tried to spend a significant amount of time connected then start recording to eliminate this strange jump-like behavior. An example of a recorded track is included in the message as well as screenshots of what it looks like in the app. How should I use the recorder to get a proper track?

1. (problem here). I cannot replicate this problem but sometimes the watch freezes completely. The reboot helps but they boot up from a few attempts. It happened on the previous FW. I hope after the update it won't happen again but we'll see. It is probably started when I clicked "сompact storage" to improve the speed of menu loading. I helped but...lol. I am not sure if it is the case. What can I do to eliminate this behavior in the future? Just make a reset?

Thanks!

Actions