user134951

Member since Oct 2021 • Last active Oct 2021
  • 1 conversations
  • 5 comments

Most recent activity

• 20 comments
  • in Bangle.js

In my case it is due to not understanding the intricacies of building the product. I am just a consumer that is enough of a computer geek to have just enough knowledge to get in trouble.

I knew there would be people smarter me on the topic here that wouldn't mind sharing their knowledge and helping me learn.

Most people don't know how much they are being tracked either........

• in Bangle.js

Ok, I think I am sold just based on the amount of community support there seems to be for the device.

I appreciate everyone taking time out of their day to answer my question, sometimes more than once! =)

• in Bangle.js

Ok, so the software is open source, but the hardware is not. That makes sense. I am facing the same thing with the Jing Pad I have ordered.

Thanks again for the detailed answers.

Here is the link requested. https://www.hackster.io/news/the-bangle-­js-an-open-sourced-javascript-powered-sm­art-watch-6359962646c2

After the above answers and rereading the article I see it says the same thing. I just didnt read it that way the 1st time.

Blame on my being a consumer, not a developer.

• in Bangle.js

Thank you for the detailed explanation! Most of it is well above my pay grade. If I read it right, the answer to my question is "no".

I am not a developer and won't be flashing any other software. I will leave that for folks with different talents than I have. I will just be using the watch and the software others have the talent to program for the community.

When I said mentioned my purchase decision what attracts me to the project is it was advertised as "open source" in the 1st article I read, then I was told it isn't fully open source. I am trying to move as much of my electronic life to open source projects.

• in Bangle.js

A couple of Pine Time owners have mentioned your project on their Telegram channel, and I have asked a few questions of 1 of the members that has both watches. I am interested in Bangle.js #2 and my question is 'is the bluetooth open source?'.

One of the guys says your bluetooth is not based on Nimble, but rather a closed source bluetooth stack ( right/wrong word ). While I don't understand the mechanics of it, I do understand the difference between open and closed source so I thought I would ask here rather than basing my decision to purchase on what "some guy" said.

Thanks! JC

Actions