Member since Sep 2021 • Last active Apr 2023
  • 0 conversations
  • 12 comments

bangle.js2 owner

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

messages has started working again

• in Bangle.js

Thanks, that worked. You may have saved my marriage.
    When it comes to a choice between family and gadgets.
    I don't know where the hammer would fall.
    It's a decision that is best not tested.

• in Bangle.js

93 seems to have broken some of the lcd settings.
    Wake on twist is disabled but still happens.
    It would be okay if I was single, but she likes an indisturbed sleep and this may become a terrible strain on marital harmony.

• in Bangle.js

I am a Kickstarter backer so my watch is one of the original batch.

A few days ago my battery graphs looked just like those posted by user 150445.

I have a very old laptop with no bluetooth so can't use the web IDE on that. One day I'll get to grips with it on my phone but it doesn't seem to like my browsers of choice, more likely user error. I'll have to try a browser that is more vanilla but I try to avoid Google's spyware as much as I can.
    Brave might be worth a try.

Since then I have updated to 90, removed all apps and reinstalled my old favourites,
    Since charging on 1st November things have returned to normal and the Bangle is currently showing 90%.

So I'm happy again.
    I'm pretty sure that it was one of the apps causing the excessive battery drain.
    I haven't a clue what it was so I apologise for this less than helpful post.

Mark

• in Bangle.js

I can confirm that this is happening to me as well.
    I charged 27th october and it lost all of its charge overnight and was down to 3% saturday morning.
    I recharged saturday and it was on the high 90's yesterday and was on approx 97% last night.
    92% this morning and is now draining quickly as of 13:00 on 69%.
    I've disconnected from Gadgetbridge to try to conserve power but it makes the Weather Clock a lot less enjoyable.
    fw version is 2v15.78

• in Bangle.js

It works fine for me on my left wrist.

• in Bangle.js

I was on 2.11.67 which was the bleeding edge when I went to bed last night.

I've upgraded to 2.11.70 this morning.

Charlie

• in Bangle.js

This morning, for the first time, I have done no steps overnight instead of the 3000 I'm normally told I've done.

I've done my morning walk and the Bangle says 8115 steps and my phone says 8306.

No phantom steps while typing or because I'm holding my wrist wrong.

This is a brilliant result and I'm hugely grateful to everybody that has contributed to this.

Thanks again.

I'm a happy Chas

• in Bangle.js

Thanks Hugh.

I'll look into the web ide when I have time.
    I've looked at the instructions but my old laptop runs linux and, more crucially, doesn't have bluetooth. Will it work on my phone?

I was on about 3000 steps this morning, my phone is currently on 387 and gadgetbridge on 959. My Bangles is currently on charge but shows 3710.

I can post a photo of the screen if that will provide the info that you need to understand the problem. I've changed the pedometer widget to large text but I don't think that this should make any difference.

• in Bangle.js

Hugh
    thanks for the reply.
    I'm on a bangle 2 currently running firmware 2v10.241 which I think is at the bleeding edge.
    I did about 4000 steps in my sleep last night.
    I've got the pedometer widget and android integration installed and I've removed gadgetbridge from the bangle.

Very much enjoying this toy so far.

Actions