ermano

Member since Sep 2021 • Last active Dec 2021
  • 1 conversations
  • 4 comments

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

You are right, the long range capabilities are supported from nrf52833 on. Anyways, looking forward to this update for the Bangle.js v2.0 software. Are there any plans to have a new version of Puck.js with the latest Nordic SoC?

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

Regarding BLE 5 features, I am looking forward to support for extended advertising and scanning. (ex: LE PHY Coded for long range). I was pretty excited to see in the KickStarter - Bangle.JS2 software specs that "BLE 5 Central/Peripheral" features will be supported. Any updates on the timelines? Thanks for the support...

• 4 comments
  • in General

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the response. I tried the same with a different setup: Bangle.js being central (scanning advertisements) and a peripheral running on an external nRF board.

• In NRF documentation, I saw that for Level-4 LESC, authentication is also mandatory so eventually it has to be lesc:1, mitm:1.
    • The peripheral starts the bonding process by generating a pass key and I developed a keyboard app on Bangle.js to enter this key; nevertheless received the attached error on the peripheral. (public key is not valid)
    • When I use nRF connect app on my phone to pair with the peripheral, the bonding works properly but not from my Bangle.js with the setting {lesc:1, mitm:1, keyboard:1}.

Any clue why I get this "public key is not valid" error?

Thanks again for the support...

• in General

Hi all,

I have Bangle.js and Puck.js devices but couldn't establish LE secure connections between them.

Puck.js has the following service configuration:

NRF.setSecurity({lesc:1});
    NRF.setServices({
      0xBCDE : {
        0xABCD : {
          value : "Hello",
          readable : true,
            security: {
              read: { // optional
                lesc: true
              }
            }
          }
        }
    });

Bangle.js also has the LE secure connections enabled with the following configuration:

NRF.setSecurity({lesc:1});

Nevertheless, when Bangle.js connects to Puck.js and accesses to the read characteristic, it fails to read.

I also tried to connect to the read characteristic using the NRF connect application. After I connect to Puck.js and try to read the value of characteristic, it triggers bonding and stuck at that stage with no success.

Is there a known issue with the lesc or am I missing something?

Thanks for the support in advance...

Actions