neshanjo

Member since May 2021 • Last active May 2023
  • 3 conversations
  • 16 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Aaargh! 🤦 Thanks!

• in Bangle.js

Just realized that I can recreate the issue in the web IDE with the same code, see attachment.
    After uploading the code multiple times, the event is logged multiple time on the console.

• in Bangle.js

Hi,

I'm using espruino -d Bangle.js -w index.js to connect to my Bangle.js in watch mode. Everytime I change the file in my local IDE, it is re-uploaded and re-executed like expected.

I've noticed that sometimes after I changed the file and it gets uploaded, the console shows

____                 _
    |  __|___ ___ ___ _ _|_|___ ___
    |  __|_ -| . |  _| | | |   | . |
    |____|___|  _|_| |___|_|_|_|___|
             |_| espruino.com
     2v17 (c) 2021 G.Williams

>
    >Upload Complete

while sometimes only

>Upload Complete

is shown, especially when I'm working on a larger file.

In the latter case, however, the state on the watch is not reset correctly and event handlers are added up. For example, this code

Bangle.on('touch', function (zone, e) {
      console.log(e);
    });
    console.log("Ready");

makes the log message appear multiple times after multiple file uploads.

When I long-press the button and then trigger a re-upload, the state is reset correctly.

Is there anything I can do to re-initialize the event handlers before each re-upload in watch mode?

Unfortunately, the small code example above does not reproduce the problem. It only happens with some larger code file.

Kind regards,
    Johannes

• in Bangle.js

FYI: I noticed two (unrelated) things:

1. Bangle 2 is only listing the cutting edge.
    2. Bangle 1 list also includes the Bangle 2 cutting edge.
  • in Bangle.js

Firmware: https://www.espruino.com/Download

Update instructions: https://www.espruino.com/Bangle.js2#firm­ware-updates

Now that the linked video is still from Bangle 1, but the description is correct.

• in Bangle.js

I have to press the button to activate the backlight. Is this the intended behaviour?

No - actually it was already fixed in a firmware update :) If you update to a 'cutting edge' build, or 2v11 when it's released, the backlight will turn on for watch twists as well.

I updated to the cutting edge, and not it works! Thanks!

• in Bangle.js

My Bangle 2 has arrived, yeah! Thanks so much, Gordon, for all the effort you put into this great project!

I have a question regarding the LCD backlight: No matter which wake up method I choose (Face up, Touch or Twist), when I execute this action, the display does not light up. I have to press the button to activate the backlight. Is this the intended behaviour? Note that the little lock disappears, so I guess, the action is detected correctly.

I'd highly appreciate an option for also enabling the backlight during wake up, since there are lots of situations where the passive lighting isn't enough to read the display.

Kind regards,
    Johannes

• in Bangle.js

I also find it annoying, particularly, when you start an app that also displays "loading..." behind it (as, e.g., the Anton Clock, or almost any other app that is installed per default on the device).
    I'd appreciate if it was configurable in the settings. It was probably introduced to give the user feedback that something is about to happen, but the only long delay I have noticed, is after pressing the button to enter the menu (Bangle 2). Here, a short vibration as feedback would be sufficient.

Actions