Member since Jan 2021 • Last active Feb 2022
  • 1 conversations
  • 8 comments

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

Hi @medicohih, I have tested it on Teams and it works well

• 14 comments

Hi @Gordon I have a HP ProBook 450 G3 Notebook PC. It has a Intel r dual band wireless AC 3165 (this is a type of WiFi and Bluetooth combo board). This seems to be a common board on other brands of laptop. On the HP support website there was an update for this adaptor to "fix certain potential security issues", which I updated, but still I had no luck. I even tried the Intel support site and so updated to the very latest driver. I have access to other laptops and so I have also tested the puck on a new Windows surface pro 7 and a Lenovo Ideapad 3 with the same results. Maybe it a thing with later builds of Windows 10. The only device its worked on has been my Android Samsung phone. Anyway I will keep searching online to see if anyone has a solution.

There seems to be a known issue with Bluetooth devices after a windows update, maybe this is my problem with puck not working in windows 10.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topi­c/some-bluetooth-devices-may-fail-to-pai­r-or-connect-after-applying-june-11-2019­-or-later-updates-60b210e8-a2ba-ec40-8b8­3-26d07ade8540

Hi @Gordon, yes it looks like a software issue with Windows 10, as its working on Android well. I have updated windows 10 to the latest OS build Version 20H2 but the puck still will not mouse click for me on Windows 10. Device manager shows the puck.js and a Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID device and indicates "This device is working properly".
    Not sure if this is a clue but within Event Viewer it shows a warning; Event 34, BTHUSB
    "The local adapter does not support an important Low Energy controller state to support peripheral mode. The minimum required supported state mask is 0x2491f7fffff; got 0x1fffffff. Low Energy peripheral role functionality will not be available."
    Anyway it’s too technical for me.

@Gordon, yes it works well with Android, I can move with X and Y movement and it will preform a mouse click. But it appears not to work in Windows. The puck will pair to the Windows OS Bluetooth settings, but will not move or mouse click. I tested on Window 10 originally and then on another computer with windows 10. Do you think there could be a problem with the Puck?

Hi @allObjects, yes I could get the examples going that are documented on page https://www.espruino.com/BLE+Keyboard, they worked fine, sending characters and the interface to the multimedia keys. Yes, my FW is up to date 2v08.119. I have tried installing firmware again just in case. @Gordon I have also tried on another computer with Windows 10 OS (by disconnecting from the IDE and then pairing the Puck with the OS's Bluetooth). When I connect onto an Android phone is does appear to partly work in that I get the cursor/arrow to appear once the button is pressed.
    @Robin I have run the command this is what I get.

process.env.MODULES.split(',')
    =[
    "Flash",
    "Storage",
    "heatshrink",
    "net",
    "dgram",
    "http",
    "NetworkJS",
    "crypto",
    "neopixel"
    ]

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
    Sean.

Hi @Gordon this does not appear to work. Is it because I have the early Puck.js?

On the Espruino web IDE the following appears when button is pressed.
    Uncaught Error: BLE error 0xf (FORBIDDEN)
    at line 1 col 104
    ...0,0,0],function(){a&&a()})})
    in function "send" called from line 4 col 34
    mouse.send(0,0,mouse.BUTTONS.LEFT);
    in function called from system

Can I use the puck.js as a remote mouse left click?

Actions