bchr73

Member since Dec 2020 • Last active Mar 2021
  • 0 conversations
  • 2 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Happy to! I may need to figure out how to mimic the Bangle in Python or something first though for testing. Does anyone have any recomendations for Bluetooth (LE) libraries?

• in Bangle.js

Just ordered my Bangle a few short hours ago, now dizzy with anticipation. I second this thread is exceptional.

Personally I'm hoping to have health check status for various web services I maintain displayed as a widget. @epw I think you're use case trumps mine though, quite literally a health check, very worthwhile to be sure.

It's just a shame the Android API appears to stop an app from executing background tasks more often than every 15 minutes

@Gordon my understanding is that is a limitation of the WorkManager API (I have yet to try it out), yes? I believe you make reference to this in your comments (see MIN_PERIODIC_INTERVAL_MILLIS).

It seems some people work around this by scheduling a OneTimeWorkRequest instead, with a set delay to control the execution frequency, and ending by calling another OneTimeWorkRequest.

Hard not to wrinkle my nose a little bit at this, but Android does seem to have collected an awful lot of scheduling APIs by now, and if you simply want to run your task every 5 minutes... well..

Actions