Prommy

Member since Dec 2020 • Last active Sep 2021
  • 1 conversations
  • 4 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

I suppose it's worth it to try that first.

• in Bangle.js

I want to try to shove a new device into my Bangle.js, but unfortunately they only come in SPI flavors. Since the GPIOs on the nRF52 appear to be completely occupied (https://www.espruino.com/Bangle.js+TechnĀ­ical), I doubt I could use the internal SPI interface nor do I really want to muck around what appears to be interfacing with the flash memory.

Someone turned my on to the idea of bit banging an SPI interface, and I just may be able to do that his for seemingly unused GPIO pins on the io expander. Before proceeding, I wanted to ask the community if they'd toyed with these pins.

• in Bangle.js

I'm going to give this a shot. Going to start with creating a list of queries for the app to run: a dictionary of URLs, query frequencies, and methods to process the query result. Push to espruino/Bangle.js.

I've a decade of programming experience, but I'm new to Java/Mobile development, so if there's any advice I'm in the market.

• in Bangle.js

This thread is exceptional, as it's tackling a problem I was encountering.

What are thoughts on feasibility of these ideas:

1. Having a URL embedded in an app on a Bangle.js
    2. An app on a phone to interrogate apps on the Bangle to build a list of URLs and sample rates
    3. Phone samples URLs via web, puts together a data package
    4. Forward to Bangle, where apps will parse for their relevant data.

My thought is to build a "universal" standard for pushing data to the Bangle, allowing homebrew apps to flexibly acquire it without much user configuration on a phone-based middleman app.

Actions