Taffaz

Member since Jun 2020 • Last active Mar 2021
  • 1 conversations
  • 7 comments

Most recent activity

• 9 comments
  • in Bangle.js

So I have 2v06.123 installed and I can confirm flickering is much better but when changing the LCD brightness level it does flicker at least once every 5 changes if level. I also got a buffer full error and a random menu item disappeared which may or may not be linked but thought it'd be worth reporting. Image attached to show the error and missing menu item.

• in Bangle.js

I think I have active pedometer too as there is a widget for it so it could be that.

• in Bangle.js

I have a number of apps installed but the only one I really use is my binary clock and gadget bridge. It's entirely possible that I've done something stupid but I was using this app before firmware update and wasn't noticeable. One thing I have noticed is I've started getting a "Memory Busy" message at the bottom of my screen but that may also be unrelated.

For reference I fully charged the watch around 4pm yesterday and with no usage other than checking the time it is now at 50%.

• in Bangle.js

Yeah I've also noticed battery drain is a lot quicker since I updated. I have been doing a lot of coding so thought it may have been that but maybe it is something else.

• in Bangle.js

There are two types of accelerometer you can get, DC coupled and AC coupled. I haven't looked into it but the Bangle likely has a DC coupled accelerometer and these types measure the acceleration due to gravity. An AC coupled accelerometer is what is used for forced vibration tests and they won't measure low frequency acceleration such as gravity only the higher frequency dynamic acceleration.

• in Bangle.js

Yeah what I'm trying to do is create a tamagotchi style app where the pet lives on the bangle but you use the phone to send the commands to it (feed/play/clean/etc).

Apologies if these are stupid questions, this is the first time I've used JavaScript for anything other than filling in a form. Loving how instant the feedback is from tweaking a line to having it update on your watch.

• in Bangle.js

I'm looking to create an app for the Bangle that integrates with a phone app so you can control the app via the phone.

I've got the DroidScript plugin and I can control the Bangle but I'm not sure how best to get it to control the app and not just the Bangle. My only thought is to make the app modify a file stored on the bangle and make the app react to the changes in the file.

Does anybody else have any better suggestions or something I'm overlooking?

Actions