rigrig

Member since Apr 2020 • Last active Jul 2022
  • 8 conversations
  • 130 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

There were a few posts about this (buried in this thread)

The current status is this:

• I've opened a PR for F-Droid.
    • Building the Bangle.js flavored apk for F-Droid works fine
    • The Gadgetbridge repo needs some changes to make F-Droid find the correct metadata (description/title/etc), which this PR adds
    • F-Droid looks (I think...) at the latest release, so won't pick up those changes until Gadgetbridge tags a new version.

So these things should hopefully happen Soonish:

1. Merging of the Gadgetbridge PR
    2. New Gadgetbridge release (after which F-Droid should find the updated metadata)
    3. Merging of the F-Droid PR
    4. Bangle.js flavored Gadgetbridge available in F-Droid store!
  • in Bangle.js

When uploading apps, the Loader creates an <appid>.info file, the launcher reads all *.info files here: https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/b­lob/14f5602b88843e69a9353fb4722af1d95f34­3080/apps/launch/app.js#L23

• in Bangle.js

That looks like it's caused by variable mangling: in the IDE settings, under Minification -> Esprima: Mangle, is "Shorten variable names" enabled? If so: try diabling it.

• in Bangle.js

You can mouseover the app version to see when it was last updated, I guess adding a "first added" wouldn't be too hard? Or maybe even explicitly show those dates when sorting by new/updated.

You can directly download the file used by the official loader

• in Bangle.js

You can already sort apps by "updated"/"new" in the app loader, or am I missing something?
    (bin/pre-publish generates appdates.csv, based on the git log)

• in Bangle.js

Bangle running any JS code from flash storage makes CPU and SPI flash chip busy.

So would it make sense to load redrawing code into "ram"? (especially thinking about clocks that update every second)

• in Bangle.js
    • configurable buzz at hour/half hour

I don't think we should make the clock do this, but just look into fixing the hourstrike code. (Also, I noticed we have both hourstrike and widchime, maybe get rid of the widget, as bootcode seems the better place to handle this?)

• a configurable night/sleep mode

How about linking it to Quiet Mode? That way you can just use Quiet Mode Schedule instead of adding another schedule configuration. We can make qmsched emit an event when switching, and have ClockFace force a redraw when that happens, so the clock can adjust it's precision then.
    That's probably a good idea anyway, in case the schedule switches themes.

• in Bangle.js

The original image is 120x180, but the Bangle.js 2 only has a 176x176 screen, are you scaling it down on the watch itself?

What are you trying to achieve? As in: are you set on displaying this exact picture, have you (already) got a bunch of similar images to display, or could you draw a new one?
    Asking because

1. scaling the image in a editor will probably look better than doing it on the watch
    2. converting it to 4-bits and letting the watch dither might look better
    3. for best results you could use a image in an editor, using the 3-bit palette from the start
  • in Bangle.js

@Gordon F-Droid managed to build the banglejs flavor. Would you happen to have some screenshots/descriptions to use? If not I could come up with some text myself, but I'm not sure whether the idea is to describe it as "Gadgetbridge with some added extras for Bangle.js", or more as separate "Bangle.js app based on Gadgetbridge".

(I know you're on holiday, just @ mentioning you so it gets added to the list and you'll get to it eventually ;-)

• in Bangle.js

Well, finally got round to opening a merge request on F-droid. There are still issues to be worked out, but I did get it to build on my PC.

Actions