Humpelstilzchen

Member since Apr 2020 • Last active May 2021
  • 2 conversations
  • 25 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

On Linux you can "simply" restart the bluetooth service. The discussion about that is here: https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/i­ssues/349

• in Bangle.js

Did "GPS Auto Time" see a GPS fix? The "auto time" letters should turn green if so. So you need to run an app which enables GPS to receive a fix, e.g. speedo or gps recorder.

GPS auto time itself does not enable GPS because it would drain the battery really fast.

• in Bangle.js

Well all acc-sensors I have seen so far do return the earth acceleration when not moving. Also they are usually not accurate enough to measure any other acceleration that is a lot smaller then 1G.

If you want to know the acceleration of your car I would try the GPS. You should be able to get enough satellites in your car.

• in Bangle.js

These are usually the raw values. Try to subtract 9.81 from the acceleration vector.

• in Bangle.js

I once needed a small widget to send the acceleration data over BLE as json. I have attached the files. You should be able to use it as a sample.

• in Bangle.js

There's the 'GPS Time' app that makes it easy - or you could just hold BTN1+BTN3 to reboot and it'll pull it in then...

I will just code a widget then. It will update the Bangle time from GPS every time it has a valid fix.

• in Bangle.js

I mean automatically, without any manual intervention. e.g. when using the gps recorder the clock does set the time without me having to press any additional buttons.

• in Bangle.js

Btw is there a way to automatically set the time as soon as the watch gets a gps fix?

• in Bangle.js

Looks like there is no two-way-binding between both. I guess the wrapping needs to be done in E.showMenu(). But you do know that you can easily set the time from gps or from the "About"-Tab in the app loader?

Actions