chrisotherwise

Member since Mar 2020 • Last active Mar 2020
  • 1 conversations
  • 9 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Wahayy!!! That fixed it! Thank you so much!

All working now, and I can upload apps to my heart's content :)

• in Bangle.js

Hi @PiOfThings. I am still experiencing exactly the same problem I was when I made the OP. That being:

• When I try to upload an app from the Bangle app repo, the upload fails with the message "Upload failed, Unexpected response".

Everything else is speculation about what might be the cause of this. In particular:

• I've noticed (by looking in the browser console) that the uploader sends a "reset()" command to the Bangle. Then it attempts to send the app. The bangle responds to the "reset()" but after that it makes no further response.

--> My conclusion from this (which might be wrong) is that the reset() command - in my particular environment - is somehow causing an issue.

--> This is backed up by the fact that issuing the reset() command in the IDE also appears to break connectivity between my computer and the bangle and I then need to re-pair.

--> I observe the same behaviour on both my desktop Mac and my iPad.

• in Bangle.js

I flashed 406, still the same problem. As soon as the reset() command is issued, the watch disconnects and doesn't reconnect. I've also noticed that:

If I reset with BTN1 + BTN2 ---> watch ends up in "normal" mode running the clock app

If I reset with reset() command --> watch ends up on the "Bangle" logo screen.

• in Bangle.js

Good idea, I'll try flashing the earlier version and see if it makes a difference. If it fails then I've probably got a local problem..

• in Bangle.js

To answer your questions above:

• 100% of app uploads fail on my device when using the app repo uploader
    • I have never managed to complete an upload successfully
    • Looking at the output in my browser console, the Bangle stops responding when the "reset()" command is issued to it by the uploader web page.
    • Once this has happened, you then need to re-connect the Bangle before you can use it again.
  • in Bangle.js

Here's my process.env(). Just for full disclosure, I received my Bangle, tried straight away to upload an app and encountered this problem - so I updated the firmware, no issues doing that.

process.env
    ={
    VERSION: "2v04.404",
    GIT_COMMIT: "8d193bab",
    BOARD: "BANGLEJS",
    FLASH: 524288, SPIFLASH: 4194304, STORAGE: 4194304, RAM: 65536,
    SERIAL: "251131b5-18f4c898",
    CONSOLE: "Bluetooth",
    MODULES: "Flash,Storage,hea" ... "tensorflow,locale",
    EXPTR: 536883676 }

• in Bangle.js

It's any of the official apps from the repo. Not even close to writing one myself yet, although I have some exiting ideas in mind. But I believe the problem to be in the "reset()" command rather than any of the apps.

• in Bangle.js

So, I can connect to the Bangle from the IDE, send it commands and all works as expected. However the problem seems to be that sending it a "reset()" command causes the connection to drop and it then can't be restored without re-pairing. As the app upload issues a reset() then all commands it sends subsequent to that are lost.

Issuing "reset()" causes the Bangle to reply "=undefined" (presumably expected), then either the IDE or the Bangle prints "-> Terminal", but after that there is no more response from it until I disconnect and reconnect (see screenshot).

I observe this behaviour on both my desktop Mac and my iPad using the special Bluetooth-enabled browser.

• in Bangle.js

Just received my Bangle.js and it looks great, thanks for your amazing effort in getting these devices out at such a difficult time.

I've updated it to the latest firmware, and tried to upload an app but each time it gets 99% of the way there then displays an error message in an orange bar at the bottom: "Upload failed, Unexpected response" - but nowhere does it say why it failed or what the unexpected response was.

Can anybody advise how I can find what's going on? Maybe some logs written somewhere?

Actions