msdeibel

Member since Feb 2020 • Last active Aug 2021
  • 9 conversations
  • 20 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Fixed by reinstalling from the production site. Was most likely connected to trying the install from the dev site on github.io

• in Bangle.js

I just had to reset my Bangle and reinstall all apps due to putting something in the Flash that didn't belong there.

Being on the IDE page anyway I also updated to FW 2.10 before installing anything else.

Except Gadgetbridge 0.23 everything works fine.

I don't see the GB widget icon and when checking the settings I only get

Gadgetbridge:
    Invalid settings!
    Press BTN1 to return.

Downgrading to 2.09 fixes the issue.

Since there is nothing immediate in 2.10, that I need, that's OK as fix for now.

• 1 comment
  • in Bangle.js

In case you can't decide which watch face is the nicest one you now have the chance to easily change them with a long press of BTN 3.

Once you have installed the Random Clock Loader widget (dev version at: https://msdeibel.github.io/BangleApps/in­dex.html) it will change the clock setting of your Bangle each time the LCD turns off.

You can load the reload bclock with a long press of BTN 3 at any time and you might see a new watch face :)

I'm working on getting this to not require user interaction but it turns out that this is quite tricky without the widget doing bad things to other apps (namely Gadgetbridge).

• in JavaScript

Didn't get to work on it yet. Also looks like I won't be for another few weeks :(

• 3 comments
  • in Bangle.js

I have finally found the time to put together some graphs from one week of running BatteryChart.

With BLE being more or less constantly active (and connected) during the day, while off at night, the watch lasts two days, with a few percent left.

The SoC device graph is only a rough estimation, since the widget only records values only every ten minutes and thus the LCD is naturally enabled more often than displayed there.

You will notice that the battery level seems to drop faster while the watch is not being used at night. However, you need to keep in mind that the percentage is calculated and takes the die temperature into account which also drops, which most likely explains the faster decline.

• in JavaScript

The espruino.json should be a good starting point. I'll try to look into it, the coming weekend.

Actions