mks

Member since Nov 2019 • Last active May 2021
  • 2 conversations
  • 8 comments

Most recent activity

• 9 comments
  • in General

Brill, thanks Gordan!
    Sorry I should have explained more about what I wanted to do.
    What I had in mind was making a synthesiser-sampler-sequencer, along the lines of this and this

, though on a much more modest scale.

Both those projects use the Teensy and its audio library and as the Teensy mcu is a M4 as well I had the idea of doing something along the same lines using Espruino as well.
    So thats why I was mentioning starting with a sine wav (but also square, tooth, etc) and then applying modulations to them to create sounds.

Thanks again for all the info that you and fanoush replied with, I think I have a good idea now of how to get started experimenting with this.

• in General

Sorry one more question before I get too far along with this, on this page it warns that outputting at higher freq could max out the mcu, but Im not clear on what causes that limitation? If I wanted to generate say a sine wave with some modulation applied (say using DSP instructions to be as efficient as possible and using 16bit data which I think is what they operate on) could I still output 16bit at 44.1khz sample rate?

• in General

Thanks Gordan! Yes I still have trusty my Pico's wayback from the kickstarter which are M4's so I think
    should have the DSP instructions, I didn't realise I could just use inline C or even assembler to experiment with this and thought I need to get setup for building Espruino.
    Very exciting - I'll have to read upon the DSP instructions and look at the CMSIS library code and see if I can get something going - so much easier being able to do it within Espruino env itself!

• in General

Brillant, thanks fanoush! Thats very helpful info on your wiki page and thank you for your work on the dsd6 watches too - I've got a fw of the basic models and experiment a bit with them with espruino too when I get the odd chance.

• in General

Sorry this is probably a bit niche, but I was wondering if anyone has looked at using the DSP instructions?
    I didn't even know the cortex-M4's had these instructions until I recently came across this audio library for the Teensy boards that uses them.

I'd love to be able to do some experimenting with these for audio projects from within Espruino too but I'm guessing it would be quite a lot of work to expose the DSP instructions from with Espruino?

• 5 comments
  • in Bangle.js

No worries, thought it might be not quite the same and yes Gordon, I was tempted to get one to open up and find out, but I've got enough on my hands happily experimenting with my Bangle :-)

• in Bangle.js

Hmm, these look familiar... 🙂
    Aldi here in Australia is going to be selling something that looks very similar to my bangle:

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/­special-buys-sat-4-july/saturday-detail-­wk27/ps/p/fitness-watch-with-gps/?pk_cam­paign=au_product_newsletter&pk_kwd=2020-­06-29_12-11

• in News

The site for the nodeconf vesion of the watch seems to be up now: https://nodewatch.dev/

Actions