ZeroEcho

Member since Apr 2014 • Last active Apr 2014
  • 0 conversations
  • 5 comments

Most recent activity

• in Interfacing

Right, sorted! Thanks DrAzzy!

I incorrectly labelled my JST connector above "Green > Green, White > White" was in fact "Green > Black, White to White" as apparently the JST connector on the WS2811 is different than the JST connector on the WS2812B

When I had the WS2811 working, I had Green out of B15, White out of GND which then correctly went into Green and White wires.

When I picked up the WS2812B I thought the only difference needed to be unhooking the JST connector and changing the power input.

I was wrong!

I've now swapped GND and B15's Green and White wires around and they are working as expected.

Looking at the LEDs in detail I can also see the tiny caps between them.

My LiPo battery arrived as mentioned in the other thread and works perfectly by the way, so now I've got my PIR, LED strip and battery powered espruino all working as I expect, the next step is to make it efficient so it can run on batteries for most of the year, hurrah! :-)

• in Interfacing

Sorry but "Put 0.1uf capacitor between ground and power right next to each LED." isn't overly clear to me but I am a complete newbie so I am a little afraid to 'wing it' without checking with someone who knows what they are on about first :-) By "Each LED" we are talking about LED Strip rather than individual LED right?

I've got Ground (White) and Data (Green) from the Espruino to the WS2812B (waterproof), and Power (Red) and Ground (Black) from a 5V power supply. The espruino is going into the JST socket (Green > Green, White > White) which then meets up with Ground (Black) and Power (Red) in a sealed section at the end of the WS2812B but turns 4 wires into 3 connections: GND (Black), Din (Resistor but then white), 5V (Red)

I would have guessed the proposed solution it to stick a 0.1uf between the 5V and GND lines on the end of the WS2812B but a)I can't it's sealed b)given I can't do it at the LED end, if I did it at the end of the wires where the power supply came in, that would create a short circuit, no? Obviously given these are sensitive components I don't want to blow anything up

I've actually got the WS2811 LEDs that came with the espruino kit and they are working fine without this, I did try to plug these WS2812Bs into the end of the WS2811s but nothing happened other than the initial flicker that happens when the LED strips get a bit of power but they are powered from the wall rather than battery so it'll be the same issue no doubt!

• in Interfacing

Thanks guys, I'll get it ordered - if it does end up being wrong a)It's not a huge amount b)It will probably work as a backup battery for another kickstarter I'm waiting to arrive

• in Interfacing

Hmm, don't you need the expensive WC-140 crimping tool for those parts DrAzzy?

Does anyone know if the JST PHR-2 is the same as the JST PH 2-pin listed here? http://www.adafruit.com/product/328

• in Interfacing

I had exactly the same problem as DrAzzy, ordered connectors from Amazon.com - found they are the wrong kind. I'll try get the ones from newark - thanks!

Actions