BlueBrolly

Member since Jun 2019 • Last active Jun 2019
  • 2 conversations
  • 5 comments

Hardware and software engineer. Working on projects for companies and self.

Most recent activity

• 7 comments
  • in ESP32

It would be option b. That would be feasible I think. I'll try to find some info on it.

What is the current draw in sleep mode using espruino? Is there any Mqtt libraries out there and how long does it take to connect ? I'm trying to see if wifi battery sensor is even possible.

• in ESP32

I am using the Arduino IDE version of the SDK for ESP32. The time it takes for me to get an IP address is usually around 1000 - 1050ms (using WPA). The time it takes to connect to an MQTT broker varies. Anywhere from 1.4s to 3s. I am using cloudmqtt.com for a test connection. Does anyone have any better times than this?

The idea is that a battery powered solution can connect quickly to a router, connect to MQTT broker, send a message, receive any messages queued waiting for it to arrive, and then go back to sleep.

Has anyone done any current consumption tests for the ESP32 using Espruino in deep sleep mode? I would like to compare it with other tests people have done using the Arduino IDE.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

• in ESP32

who do I need to pay to get it done ;) haha

• in ESP32

What is the status on OTA for the ESP32? I know there is support for it on the ESP8266, but I am looking to use the ESP32 due to the lower current draw in sleep mode (for battery usage).

Thanks!

Actions