wklenk

Member since Sep 2018 • Last active Sep 2020
  • 10 conversations
  • 31 comments

Creating smart IoT solutions in the Stuttgart (Germany) area.

Blog: wolfgangklenk.wordpress.com

Most recent activity

• in Interfacing

Ahh, forget about it. Just sending \r\n on the AT command handler and ignore the returned result works okay for me. Sorry for this post. I tried to delete it, but could not find this feature.

• in Interfacing

In a project with focus on low power consumption I use an Espruino Pico and a Microchip RN2483 for LoRaWAN communication.

I send the RN2483 to sleep with a command, and to wake it up from sleep I need to send a "break" condition to the UART and send a 0x55 character for auto-baud detection.
    https://www.microchip.com/forums/m930725­.aspx

I can use Serial1.unset() followed by pulling down TX from some time, then again Serial1.setup(...) and send the 0x55 character.

My issue is that I use the AT command handler wrapped around the Serial1, and doing this break-condition stuff on the Serial1 causes garbage characters piled up in the AT command handler, disturbing future use of this command handler.

Is there an elegant solution to that?
    Maybe a command to "clean" the AT command handler?
    I cannot re-instantiate the AT command handler, because it consumes too much memory if you do it periodically.

Yes, I can send a dummy command to the RN2483's UART and just deal with the fact that it will return an error due to the piled up garbage characters, but that doesn't seam elegant to me. There has to be a more attractive solution :)

• in Other Boards

I think the J-Link adapter is not used for supplying power to the board. The connector on the SWD interface says "VTref", so this is only used to get a "voltage reference" in order to generate the appropriate signal levels when programming. So you definitely need to power the device by other means, e.g. by USB.

• in General

I am trying to use the "native" Espruino IDE in a company network with no direct access to the internet.
    My notebook is running a HTTP proxy called cntlm on port 3128.

When transferring code from the IDE to the device, the "required" modules cannot be fetched from the internet.

In Settings -> Communications I can "Enable Proxy",
    but what exactly do I have to enter in "Proxy URL" and "Proxy Port" ?
    I tried different variations but none of them worked.

Best regards,
    Wolfgang

• in Other Boards

Yes, that's the right one.
    The cables that come with the adapter where useless for the RAK8212, you need to have appropriate breadboard cables (male/female endings?).

• in Other Boards

Hi,

I ordered this J-Link Adapter for about 20€ and it worked without issues.

SEGGER J-Link EDU MINI

But be aware that you also have appropriate cables to wire it all up.

Wolfgang

Actions