chrsbvr

Member since Jun 2018 • Last active Jan 2020
  • 1 conversations
  • 5 comments

Most recent activity

• in ESP32

Thanks @Wilberforce for pointing me to that thread. I am familiar with rollup. I will check it out.

I'm doing an Ionic app in VS Code. For tying the build into VS Code I just run npm from the internal terminal. I'm sure you can find some nice plugins with it. I like it so I can use TypeScript and ES6 stuff with IDE styles and formatting and linting.

• in ESP32

I have had this once or twice too - I'm finding it very hard to track down though as it doesn't seem to happen reliably.

I'm working from Ubuntu Linux. I don't know if that info will help with tracking down the bug or not.

• in ESP32

Thanks Gordon! I didn't realize I could build from the CLI package. I do like the Chrome extension, however I am finding a problem with hovering over text and a tooltip will popup and not go away. I keep having to close the IDE and open it again, but the one file is also a problem.

I think I'll move over to Visual Studio Code and build like you mentioned.

• in ESP32

What about just a config file with environment variables? I'd like to export an object that pulls in local environment variables from a file in my .gitignore that holds my Wifi name/password. How can I load a file locally to accomplish this?

I don't want to have to put a config file in the ./modules folder, is there a way around this?

• in ESP32

I'm looking at building an application for my ESP32 with Espruino, and I'd like to organize my code in different javascript modules. I see that if I want to use a require() on a local file, it looks in whatever folder is assigned to my projects in the IDE. Then there is a modules subfolder there for including local js modules.

My problem is I want to maintain code in different files, and also host it in a git repository. How can I do this without having to include the Espruino IDE project folder and all of the contents with it?

Ultimately I'd like to have a folder anywhere on my local drive and that the require() statement would search inside the local folder holding my code rather than putting modules for all of my projects in the same folder. Can I do this?

Actions