• 5 comments

Most recent activity

• 15 comments
  • in ESP32

Still the same response I'm afraid.

....\esptool-master\esptool.py --port COm9 --no-stub chip_id
    esptool.py v2.3-dev
    Connecting........__.............................................__

A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to Espressif device: Timed out waiting for packet header

I think we can say there is no response.

Thanks again for the support.
    Richard

• in ESP32

Hi thanks for the suggestion, erase also uses the esptool, so I get the same problem:

....\esptool-master\esptool.py --port COM9 --baud 115200 erase_flash
    esptool.py v2.3-dev

A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to Espressif device: Timed out waiting for packet header

Thanks for your help.

• in ESP32

Hi thanks for the comments, its a ESP VROOM-32 dev board with boot with two buttons boot and en. I've tried varios combinations of the buttons. when writing or trying to erase with no success. As I mentioned previously it worked without touching these. I checked the 'Actual Flash' section and that implies that this would be the case. So I am of the opinion, I am stuffed.

I assume there is no other tool other than the esptool to write to the device?

On the upside, for them, there is a happy ebayer in china who has had an order for a new one.

Thanks for all the help given.

• in ESP32

Hi I cannot connect with Putty or any other serial monitor. The espressif boot writer gives the following output:

CONNECT BAUD: 115200

.....__.............................................__[2018-02-05 20:12:36,078][ESP8266Loader_spi[1]][espD­ownloader.pyo][line:351][ERROR]: Chip sync error: Failed to connect to ESP32: Timed out waiting for packet header
    [2018-02-05 20:12:36,079][ESP8266Loader_spi[1]][espD­ownloader.pyo][line:395][ERROR]: ESP32 Chip sync error esp_sync_blocking.

Not sure if it helps though.

Any help appreciated Thanks

• in ESP32

My esp23 was working fine running espruino, but after doing some interfacing which seemed to work I now can not connect to it via the ide. I decided to reflash as a similar thing had=s happened before when I used the esp8266, and reflashing sorted it.

However using the esptool I just get:
    esptool.py v2.3-dev

A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: Timed out waiting for packet header

I had this working, its an esp32 dev board with a boot and rest button. I think its an espressif dev c board. I did not touch the buttons before when I initially loaded the esspruino onto it.

Any help appreciated or have I bricked the device?

Thanks in advance

Actions