consolenaut

Member since Jan 2018 • Last active Jan 2021
  • 5 conversations
  • 21 comments

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

@Gordon @fanoush thanks for your help again, I'll give those suggestions a try just to answer this if anyone else ever has the same issue :) I've soldered some bodge wires to use i2c on D7 & D8 and all is working perfectly, and I've updated my board design to use those pins to, so all it good now, but I really appreciate the assistance

@Gordon Checked with a multimeter, connections all look good, no bridges. Voltage is at ~3.3v on the 2 i2c pins, all the address pins on the PCA9685 are pulled down to ground with a 10k resistor and I'm using address 0x40. I switched out the 10k pullup resistors for 2.7k pullups with no change.

Doing a test with a digital write on each pin - when setting both on/off, both go 3.3v/0v. If I toggle one & not the other, sometimes they bind together, but when they don't I see minor fluctuations on the pin not being set when the other one changes, I'm guessing that'll be the bleed fanoush was talking about.

Is there anything else it makes sense for me to try, or is it time for me to bodge-wire to another 2 pins for i2c on the MDBT42Q? :)

I've power cycled a couple of times with no luck, and I've checked over all my connections, the soldering is all good, but still no luck, just getting Uncaught ALLCALLADR!=0xE0 - PCA9685 connected?

Just to keep you posted, I flashed the cutting edge build onto the board & ran that code, I'm getting fffffffe when I run peek32(0x1000120c).toString(16) which is great, but when I try to connect to my i2c device I'm getting Uncaught ALLCALLADR!=0xE0 - PCA9685 connected? which is progress but not super encouraging.

There's definitely a chance its either the soldering on the board or some other issue so I'm going to inspect that again first. I've had a previous revision of this board working although using different pins for i2c. I'll try and rule out any soldering or connection issues before taking too much more of your time :)

Just picking this up now, thanks @fanoush& @Gordon for your assistance!

I've updated my board layout to use two other pins rather than 9 & 10 so this shouldn't be a problem in future, but I'm going to flash the cutting edge build & use the code you shared to get this revision working hopefully.

I'm using a pre-baked module from the Espruino store, can I flash a cutting edge build onto it with the ide similar to how I'd update the firmware normally or do I need a a jlink programmer or something more exciting?

Thanks again!

Morning!
    Thanks for your help, I checked that register and it looks like its all FFs, so looks like the lowest bit hasn't been cleared - is it sensible for me to directly modify that register or is there a 'safer' espruino way of doing this?

Hey!

I just wanted to ask if there are any gotchas to know about when using pins D9 & D10 on the MDBT42Q module.

I had a PCB fabricated & I'm trying to use those pins to start i2c communication with another device on the board, but I'm getting some exciting errors.
    I noted in the docs it says those pins are used for NFC but I'm not using NFC in my code, could that be causing some weirdness? I'm really hoping the answer isn't "You can't use those pins since they're for NFC"

Cheers!

-J

Actions