Rando2

Member since Sep 2017 • Last active Feb 2020
  • 3 conversations
  • 21 comments

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

And to answer your question, yes and no. I'm working with my Puck and Pixl.js to see what the differences are programming and flashing (OTA, etc.) and a bare MDBT42q module, of which I have several varieties. (Electronut HackBLE, Raytac MDBT42q dev board, and a E73-TBB).

I still have an ambition to build something custom, and as cheap as possible to interface with this ...
    https://sciencejournal.withgoogle.com/

We discussed this last year I think :) Thinking about doing a demo for the Puck/Pixl in this context I believe. Still a great idea! Espruino and Google Science Journal are the peanut butter and jelly of educational computing.

Just to see I download the Espruino-UNMAINTAINED_BOARDS leg from github, and it builds perfectly. I used nRFConnect 3.x to load the espruino_2v03_mdbt42q.hex and it advertises and connects from the Chrome web-ide.

Might make sense to look at the current master see if there are issues...

Sorry about this confused post!

OK, that's much better but I still error out with

tmp/ccnoNcWz.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `nrf_dfu_enter_check':
    /home/rasyoung/source/repos/github/espru­ino/Espruino/targets/nrf5x_dfu/main.c:13­5: undefined reference to `lcd_clear'

• in Other Boards

Paradoxically, upgrading the Jlink firmware with JLinkExe 6.62a fixed the slow BLE uplink.

• in Other Boards

So a complete, patient reboot, and being persistent on making the connection gets me here.
    The web-serial and ble connection both work, which is ideal. Can't be sure what I did, except the Jlink OB fimrware off the Nordic webpage, and Espruino V2.01 can be made work on Ubuntu 16.04, and the latest Chrome.

The web-ble connection seems to be considerably slower than the web-usb, which I did not notice last time.

• in Other Boards

Correction Espruino firmware was at 2.01...

• in Other Boards

Hello,

I've done something silly, I had an older nRF52-DK loaded with Espruino 2.00 (latest that applies) and was delighted that it seemed to discover/connect faultlessly via the Web-IDE link with a recent Chrome browser on my older Ubuntu 16.04 workstation.

Today I did several experiments changing the bootloader (mBed dap) instance on the board, and then upgrading the bootloader via JlinkEXE 6.5x under Ubuntu 16.04. I did a lot of drag and dropping of several pre-compiled BLE apps, again just experimenting.

After, I tried to go back to my initial condition, that is Jlink driver from the Nordic site, and Espruino v. 2.00 the web-serial connection works OK, but my web-ble does not?! Nordic Connect on my MotoE finds the Espruino-DK ble advertisement, and the uart service will connect.

I get a failure to web-ble pair in one instance, and then it refuses to start at all next time. I can't see what I could have changed visa vie my previous Espruino install???

Any ideas what I've done wrong restoring this cool functionality?

Randy

• in Tutorials

The ZeroW running OpenOcd should bd able to do a complete "mass erase", which a ST-link v2.x could not, I believe...

Actions