bob_dvb

Member since Mar 2014 • Last active Apr 2015
  • 0 conversations
  • 6 comments

CTO of a British digital TV software integration company. Terrible hobbyist.

Most recent activity

• in General

I've been playing with the date functions because I am trying to build an IP connected clock but I am having a nightmare. Probably the fact that I don't normally code but the references don't seem to work very well in practical applications. Once I've figured things out I should share what I've found but I don't have much time to work on it.

• in Interfacing

Hmm, I've just been trying to get some ESP8266 modules working with my 1.3 board, but it doesn't seem to be working. I've tried both 1.73 and 1.72 ESP8266 builds but they don't work and the IDE says "Module ESP8266 not found".

I'm confused because I am using the right binary and I have a healthy regulator delivering 3.285v? Anyone have any advice?

• in Projects

If you could measure the difference in time between the 1pps output of the GPS receiver and the 1Hz output of the RTC then you could discipline the RTC using the ageing offset register. A 1-bit change in the register should change the oscillator frequency by one ppm.

I don't know if espruino could measure time that accurately but you might be able to measure using a sample and hold ADC against a capacitor, or some analogue/PWM capture using the Waveform class? Initiated by an Interupt caused by the 1pps you should have time to work out the error.

• in News

You mention the software SPI, but what about the hardware SPI and I2C?

Bob

• in General

I'm very impressed with the new TI Tiva-C Launchpad at $19.99
    https://estore.ti.com/tiva-connected-lau­nchpad.aspx
    TM4C1294NCPDT MCU: 120MHz 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4 CPU with floating point
    1MB Flash, 256KB SRAM, 6KB EEPROM
    Integrated 10/100 Ethernet MAC+PHY
    8x 32-bit timers
    dual 12-bit 2MSPS ADCs
    motion control PWMs
    USB H/D/O, and many additional serial communication interfaces

Actions