bosscube

Member since Dec 2016 • Last active Nov 2017
  • 1 conversations
  • 11 comments

Most recent activity

• in Pico / Wifi / Original Espruino

Sorry, I should've articulated a bit better. I meant every time I attempt to run that code, it fails to create the AP. I have the Espruino IDE set to save the code each time it's sent to the board.

I tried a 1-second timeout and it still failed. The good news is, I tried a 5-second timeout and it worked! I guess I will play around with the timeouts a bit more and see what works best. Thanks a lot for the help - glad it was an easy fix.

Also, if this isn't mentioned in the documentation, it probably should be. If it is, whoops!

• in Pico / Wifi / Original Espruino

Hey all,

First off I'll briefly explain what I want to do: I am looking to use the Espruino WiFi as a way to allow the tablet, which is mounted in my car, to control certain aspects of the vehicle. As an example, let's assume I want to be able to start the car's engine with my voice. I would speak a voice command to my tablet (of course this is custom software), which would then send a command to the Espruino WiFi (presumably via WiFi) and the Espruino WiFi board would then supply power to a relay which would then start the car. I would also want to be able to use my mobile phone to interact with the Espruino WiFi.

The above scenario is all very conceptual, and it has its shortcomings, but it's along the lines of what I want to accomplish.

Now, onto the problem: I am using a relatively simple snippet of code I found here at Espruino.com, just to create an access point:

function onInit() {
      var wifi = require("EspruinoWiFi");

console.log("Creating AP...");

wifi.startAP('EspruinoAP', { password: '0123456789', authMode: 'wpa2' }, function(err) {
        if (err) console.log("Error creating AP:", err);
      });
    }

onInit();

Each time I reset the Espruino WiFi, I get the following error:

Error creating AP: CWMODE failed: AT+CWMODE=2

Has anyone had this error and have you had success fixing it?

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

Whoops.. updated in two places by mistake :)

UPDATE 12/23/2016:

I tried reinstalling via Windows Update but it still didn't work after using Zadig to change to WinUSB. Finally, I found the Intel Driver Update Utility Installer here:

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/24345/a­08/Intel%20Driver%20Update%20Utility%20I­nstaller.exe

Doing a scan, nothing was found, but when I clicked Older Drivers, I found 2 downloads for Bluetooth. I grabbed both of them since I didn't know which one to use. The first one installed but Windows reported that 2 things failed. The 2nd installation started and then reported that a newer version was already installed. Just out of curiousity, without opening Zadig yet, I opened the Web IDE and lo and behold.. puck.js was in the list! It connected and I have been messing around with it for over an hour, so I'd say I'm in the clear!

I also had the same issue, and with the same Broadcom BCM20702. Much like Jean-Philippe, I tried reinstalling via Windows Update but it still didn't work after using Zadig to change to WinUSB. Finally, I found the Intel Driver Update Utility Installer here:

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/24345/a­08/Intel%20Driver%20Update%20Utility%20I­nstaller.exe

Doing a scan, nothing was found, but when I clicked Older Drivers, I found 2 downloads for Bluetooth. I grabbed both of them since I didn't know which one to use. The first one installed but Windows reported that 2 things failed. The 2nd installation started and then reported that a newer version was already installed. Just out of curiousity, without opening Zadig yet, I opened the Web IDE and lo and behold.. puck.js was in the list! It connected and I have been messing around with it for over an hour, so I'd say I'm in the clear!

Well I finally got it solved by moving the Bluetooth dongle over to my 2nd PC, which previously I was just using the built-in Bluetooth adapter. I dunno why the dongle didn't work in the first PC and the built-in 4.0 adapter doesn't work in the 2nd PC, but at least I know the Puck isn't somehow defective. If I get it working in the first PC (which is ideal since the 2nd is my work laptop), I'll post back with how and why.

I can retry Zadig, sure. When it worked, it worked instantly. But if I tried to reinstall again, it sometimes timed out and I'd have to restart.

I've written a couple Node apps yeah, I'll try that suggestion next.

Windows Update is enabled.

Thanks for all the help so far Gordon. If/when this is finally resolved I think we'll both take a big sigh of relief :)

After many, many, many re-scans, the Puck showed up in the dialog. Pairing failed of course, but at least I could check the console after:

>>> Connecting...
    BT> ERROR: NotFoundError: User selected a device that doesn't exist anymore.
    ERROR: [notify_error] Connection Failed.
    >>> Connection Failed.

I also noticed that running btdiscovery in the command-line tools, I don't see Puck. In the Windows Add Device UI, it appears but takes a few. I should also note that my Bluetooth adapter version is 6.1280, meaning it is Bluetooth 4.0. The dongle I use in the other PC is here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Q4­5EF4

I'm at a loss about why the Puck seems to appear and drop intermittently.

Just a stab in the dark: but when you ran Zadig, did you actually click the Replace Driver button?

If you just run it, I think it says WinUSB but it won't take effect until you click the button.

Yes, I did click the Replace Driver button. I tried again several times afterwards too. Sometimes it would take so long it would time out, so I would need to restart the PC and try again before it worked.

Actions