Maarten

Member since Mar 2016 • Last active Mar 2017
  • 2 conversations
  • 12 comments

From Sweden

Most recent activity

• in Interfacing

Now it works with the new software module - with the DHT22 connected 9 meters away!

• in Interfacing

Thanks for your informative reply. There sure are lots of factors worth considering. But what I ment by "old module" was the old version of the software module for Espruino. My sensors are actually 26ft/8m away and connected through common telephone cable. They work flawlessly with the old software. Why it doesn't work with the new software is beyond my competence in electronics. Regarding long distance TTL signals I also have relay modules and IR signal LEDs connected 8 meter away. It works well but sometimes the IR signals doesn't get interpreted by the receiving end. I wonder if the long distance TTL signals will harm the output pins of the board though (given the current spikes).

• in Interfacing

I'm running three DHT22. Most of the readings are erroneous, returning -1,-1 (no checksum error). My sensors are several meters away and the supply voltage is 5v. It works flawlessly with an old module I found online. I also tried some DHT11's and couldn't get them to work at all with the current module.

• 3 comments
  • in General

You're correct - I didn't read the note carefully enough. Sorry.

• in General

Test performed on Espruino Original Board and STM F4 with 1v85.

var pins = [C7,C8];

digitalWrite(pins,0); // Sets both pins to low
    digitalWrite(pins,1); // Only sets C8 to high

digitalWrite(pins[0],0);digitalWrite(pin­s[1], 0); // Works as expected
    digitalWrite(pins[0],1);digitalWrite(pin­s[1], 1);  // Works as expected

Best regards,
    Marten

• in General

Great. Works fine now.

• in General

Same here! I've been troubleshooting for hours. Nothing happens when I try to send var dht = require("DHT22"); from the right-hand side.

• in General

Well, the IR did work reliably with a single-color controller. Let's assume it's my hardware for now. If anyone else experience this, we'll look into it deeper.

Cheers.

• 7 comments
Actions