B2: Can not connect anymore

Posted on
  • My Bangle.js 2 (kickstarter version) was working fine but suddenly lost bluetooth connection and now i can not reconnect anymore.

I can not find it neither Gadgetbridge nor in Chromium.

I see the the bangle.ks start symbol showing correctly the 2v17.7 firmware version and a "Loading ..." symbol and then the text "=> Bluetooth" is displayed on the bottom of the screen.

I tried to flash firmware in DFU mode but even there it can not be found by the nRF or DFU android apps.

When i booted without loading any code i end up on the Bangle.js screen showing the FW and MAC but it can not be found in Gadgetbridge or Chromium.

I have no clue what else i can try.

• I want to add that for sure BLE and Programmable are enabled and Whitelist is disabled.

When i trigger "Make connectable" it does not help.

• I tried to flash firmware in DFU mode but even there it can not be found by the nRF or DFU android apps.

Hmm, that's definitely a bit concerning. With the original Bangle.js 2 KickStarter Bangles we did have a few where Bluetooth failed because of a bad joint on the PCB, but I thought that all the ones that were going to fail had already failed.

One way to know for sure is to put it in DFU mode, and then pinch the top right corner (pressing the screen and back together) and see if while you're pressing you can scan for it on BLE

• I Just tried several times to find it in dfu mode while pressing on the top right corner but sadly no success yet.

• While i am waiting for the replacement unit:

One more thing i just discovered:
    When booting into DFU mode the watch boots into clock after around 10 seconds automatically.

• Yes, that's expected I think - it's to stop it getting stuck in bootloader mode

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

B2: Can not connect anymore

Posted by Avatar for myxor @myxor

Actions