my app's icon isn't showing in the launcher

Posted on
  • I made an app that allows you to roll multiple dice at once. It's pretty much finished but I wanted to fix a small error before I publish it to the main app loader. For some reason when it's installed on by bangleJS 2, it doesn't show it's app icon in the main launcher. I don't know what I did wrong that would cause the issue, but here's a link to the code.

If any of y'all can help me figure out how to fix the issue I'd appreciate it!

• It all looks fine to me - the self-check passes (green tick top right) and the metadata looks good.

How did you install the app? Using your own app loader?

If you just load the app.js file in with the IDE you won't get all you need - you'd have to use the app loader to do it.

• Just to confirm - I installed it from https://le-kat.github.io/BangleApps/?id=­multidice and it's in the app loader on my watch and works fine!

• I just realized I was using a black app icon, while I have my bangle set to a black background...

I'll have to check if there's some way to change the icon color depending on the bg color.

• If your icon is black and white it can be drawn using the themes foreground and background colors automatically. I think converting to 1-bit without transparency and inverting the colors depending on your source image should help.

• Ahh! Sorry I assumed it didn't show in the launcher at all, not just the icon - I should have read more carefully!

If your icon is black and white it can be drawn using the themes foreground and background colors

Yes, this. Make sure you don't use a palette too.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

my app's icon isn't showing in the launcher

Posted by Avatar for user154013 @user154013

Actions