Bangle.js2: Cutting Edge firmware slow

Posted on
  • I just tried the cutting edge firmware 2v16.190 on my Bangle.Js 2 and it was "feeling slow", e.g. scrolling in menu had a noticeably slow framerate. I went back to 2v16 and it was fast as usual. Has anyone else noticed this?

• I just tried here and I don't see it - at least scrolling in the launcher?

If anything it feels faster with cutting edge for me...

• ok interesting. I tried to install "default apps" which failed directly after erasing everything and installing bootloader. So I manually installed Anton Clock, launcher and settings and scrolling in the settings menu was fast as usual. So the cause of the slow scrolling is probably something I have installed. I will try some further tests later.

• Update: I guess I just was lucky and found it: "Barometer Alarm Widget". When installed scrolling in 2v16.190 is slow, when uninstalled fast.

• Wow, thanks for tracking that down! And yes, I can confirm it's the same here too

I bet that destroys battery life as well. I've just put a fix in if you update the widget app now.

This actually exposed a few issues which I've now fixed:

• Bangle.isBarometerOn was broken in cutting edge builds, which is what caused this in the first place
    • The widget needn't have been checking isBarometerOn though - so just removing the check fixed it
    • The widget also kept adding handlers for the barometer data, so every 15 minutes it'd just use more and more memory and get slower and slower - so I've fixed that now too
  • Awesome - thx!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Bangle.js2: Cutting Edge firmware slow

Posted by Avatar for user140377 @user140377

Actions