Android NRF firmware update failing for puck.js

Posted on
  • I attempted to update the firmware on my puck.js from 2.09 to 2.16 using the recommended nrf firmware update app for Android on my Samsung Galaxy s10+.

I'm able to select the puckjs v 2.16 zip file as well as connect to the puck ... but at the progress stage all 3 steps fail with a final error message saying the device does not support nrf5DFU.

I tried the same thing from my chromebook but running the DFU app on the chromebook will not connect to the puck.

Any help appreciated!

• You need to switch puck.js to DFU mode first so it is visible as DfuTarg device. Typicaly it is done by holding button, rebooting device (E.reboot()) and quickly releasing button, check puck.js docs for more details.

• As above, you're connecting to 'Puck.js abcd' not 'DfuTarg' - I imagine the green LED isn't lit up?

There's quite a thorough writeup on https://www.espruino.com/Firmware+Update­#nrf52

• Thanks! I'll read up ... but I think I just misunderstood the sequence on getting the puck in DFU mode. Will check this today and post results.

• Yep...that did it! Thanks!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Android NRF firmware update failing for puck.js

Posted by Avatar for user152341 @user152341

Actions