• I have developed a few apps, and I'd like to contribute them back to the official app loader. Should I submit one pull request for each app, or a single pull request with all of them?

Additionally, some of them are not on their first version in my own repo. Can I leave it like this, or should I reset them back to version 0.1 before sending them in?

• Hi, that's great! Sorry for not getting back to you sooner!

One PR with multiple apps is fine - but if you're changing existing apps I'd really appreciate one PR per app unless the changes are related. If there's an issue it makes it easier to pinpoint and roll back that way.

Additionally, some of them are not on their first version in my own repo. Can I leave it like this, or should I reset them back to version 0.1 before sending them in?

No problem at all about changing the version - just if it's not the first version it'd be really good to have a ChangeLog file.

• Got it. That makes perfect sense. I forgot about this post and submitted my PR anyways, but luckily I mostly complied with this. I have no changes to other apps to submit at this time, but I might in the future. I'll keep the one pull request per existing app change "rule" in mind.

The only thing is I think some of my changelogs are aweful or nonexistent, so I'll have to take a look at that. Depending on the quality of my commit messages, those might end up getting set back to version 0.01. (That should only affect me because I don't think anyone else uses my personal app loader so it will probably only affect me, and I'll know exactly what I'll have to reinstall.)

• I wouldn't worry too much about what's in the changelogs - I think I said on the PR but just 0.04: Submitted to app loader is fine. It's more about what happens in the future after people are starting to have it installed - and if there's no changelog it's far less likely anyone will make one in order to try and update it

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Contributing multiple apps as one pull request or multiple

Posted by Avatar for user141569 @user141569

Actions