A-GPS data and widget documentation

Posted on
  • Hi,
    I'd like to have more infos about the a-gps data and widget. I think that would be good to add in the description of the app which data is downloaded to the watch (gps+bds+glonass ?). Potentially, having settings to tweak it could please some users.

• There are some readmes in the agps app/widget that you can get to from the App Loader by clicking Read more...?

https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/b­lob/master/apps/agpsdata/README.md
    https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/b­lob/master/apps/widagps/README.md

But there are no options to tweak the AGPS data itself (we just have one file which we can upload, that's it). All you could really do is configure how often it updated?

• Thanks Gordon,
    I've read these readmes, but they don't mention which sattelites' data they're using.
    I've tried the agps data app and uploaded data to the watch (through gadgetbridge), the process seemed to have worked, but it took a very long time before getting a fix (like no agps data was available).
    I tried again with the agps widget and I couldn't get a fix within 4 minutes outside being static. To compare, I uploaded agps data from the computer and got a fix within 7 seconds.
    So, my initial question was actually about finding a setting to tweak to have this app work. For instance, I don't have chrome on my phone and therefore, from my phone, my only option is gadgetbridge.

Something else, I noticed that on the apploader from the website, agps offers to download datas from different kinds of sattelites, whereas in the gadgetbridge app, it doesn't offer the sattelites, but just data for different durations.

• @Fteacher there is already an open merge request which updates the AGPS data app to allow configuration of which GNSS types (GPS, BDS, GLONASS) will be used:
    https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/p­ull/2028

It also allows automatic update in the background.

• Something else, I noticed that on the apploader from the website, agps offers to download datas from different kinds of sattelites, whereas in the gadgetbridge app, it doesn't offer the sattelites, but just data for different durations.

What you describe is the difference between Bangle.js 1 and Bangle.js 2.
    For Bangle.js 1 different time periods are offered, for Bangle.js 2 only the satellite settings.

The data are not compatible with each other, but they are uploaded without error message.

Maybe the apploader in the gadgetbridge app recognized your Bangle.js incorrectly?

• Thanks for your comments, you answered my questions and solved my issue. Also, the banglejs2 was uncorrectly recognized.

• Also, the banglejs2 was uncorrectly recognized.

Ok, that's odd - if you can figure out how to reproduce please could you let me know?

• Hi,
    The watch was not "uncorrectly recognized" in gadgetbridge, sorry. The little dropdown menu in gadgetbridge was actually on "all apps" from the beginning.

• Ahh - although that's an odd one because Assisted GPS Update is the same for both Bangles. When you click the button next to it, it wants to connect to the Bangle, and when it's connected it should query which bangle it is and show you the right options.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

A-GPS data and widget documentation

Posted by Avatar for Fteacher @Fteacher

Actions