• So my iphone can send notifications to my bangle.js 2, such as text message.

Is there any way to program a button on my bangle.js screen where I press the button and the watch sends a command to an app running on my iphone. Example I press a button on my watch screen and it sends a command to execute an HTTPbot on my iphone's HTTPbot app (or some other app)?

Are we in a situation where at this time the bangle.js can only receive data and can never send anything back to the iphone? If that is so, are there any future plans to have a bangle.js app written for IOS that will allow the bangle to trigger something on the iphone?

At the moment, I can arrive at my driveway and press an icon on my iphone and open my garage door. It only works from my iphone. It would be nice to be able to press a button on my bangle.js and it will send something to the iphone to activate the same icon (or app). Like Blynk, IFTTT, HTTPbot, etc. I could use my watch without pulling out my iphone from my pocket.

• Hi,

Are we in a situation where at this time the bangle.js can only receive data and can never send anything back to the iphone?

By default, yes. However you could enable 'BLE HID' support in settings of your Bangle and then the bangle can send keypresses - which might be enough to trigger what you want?

If Blynk will actually work in the background on iPhone then that should be compatible though. As I understand it supports Bluetooth LE devices via sending characters over Nordic UART, which works great on Espruino/Bangle.js

If that is so, are there any future plans to have a bangle.js app written for IOS that will allow the bangle to trigger something on the iphone?

Afraid not - You can do this on Android because we can leverage the Gadgetbridge app, but I just don't have the time right now to spend on an app for iOS. Some others did say they would look at this in the past, but I don't believe anything materialised.

• Thank you. I'll dig a bit deeper.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Running (or triggering) an HTTPbot on my iphone from the bangle.js 2

Posted by Avatar for Max_S @Max_S

Actions