Buzz notification does not always stop

Posted on
  • Hi, one odd thing I have recognized a few times now.

When on my Bangle2 I'm in not directly at the Clock app but eg. in the launcher or the Settings menu and then a notification comes in from the phone (eg. a WhatsApp or email) then the vibro motor buzzes as expected.
    But unexpectedly it continues to buzz every few seconds until I long-press the button and return to the Clock.

My current Bangle.js2 firmware version: 2v12.107.

• But unexpectedly it continues to buzz every few seconds until I long-press the button and return to the Clock.

Go to Settings -> apps -> Messages -> Repeat and set it to off and I think that should do it. The idea is it's there to remind you if you miss the first buzz.

• Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the instructions.

What puzzled me was, that there was no apparent display of any notification as I was navigating the Settings and still the buzzer was vibrating.

The behavior feels a bit off (as it seems different on the Clock app than in another app) and I tried to come up with an improvement suggestion. eg. if the button is pressed or the watch is unlocked and the display is touched stop the vibration. But the settings allow to leave the watch unlocked I realized that it's maybe not so easy to come up with something that not only fits my usage patterns but also other peoples' :-/

Would it maybe make sense to also allow for a limited number of "repetitions", eg. off/3/5/10/unlimited times?

• What puzzled me was, that there was no apparent display of any notification as I was navigating the Settings

Was there not a flashing envelope symbol in the top left? That's usually shown as well

Would it maybe make sense to also allow for a limited number of "repetitions",

Yes, there's an issue open for it at https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/i­ssues/1132 - I haven't had time to implement something, but hopefully someone else will at some point.

• Was there not a flashing envelope symbol in the top left? That's usually shown as well

Whoops, you are right, I completely overlooked that, sorry for that.

Thanks for the link to the Github issue, wasn't aware that I'm bringing up something that's already in progress.
    I will try to check the Github too in the future before I post in the forums here.

• wasn't aware that I'm bringing up something that's already in progress.

It's no problem - it's just good to link back or we end up with two separate discussions :)

If you want something fixed on GitHub, vote on the main issue with a thumbsup and I'll try and prioritise those

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Buzz notification does not always stop

Posted by Avatar for Kosi2801 @Kosi2801

Actions