Bangle.js App Loader categories broken?

Posted on
Page
of 2
/ 2
Next
  • Today I recognized that clicking in the "Clocks" tab in the official Bangle App Loader no longer restricts the display to just clocks.

The URL shown in the browser includes a "#clock" fragment and the display flickers briefly - but both the "Default" tab remains highlighted and the list of shown apps remains the same.

The other category tabs ("Games", "Tools" etc.) are affected as well, but the sorting tabs "New" and "Updated" still work as usual.

Opening developer tools does not reveal any error messages.

I tested with Chrome 96.0.4664.93 on macOS 10.13.6 and with Chrome 97.0.4692.99 under macOS 11.6

• Ah I had the same in the dev app loader last night but I thought it was my phone/browser.

Edge on Android (LineageOS).

• Ahh - @myxor I guess this might be related to https://github.com/espruino/EspruinoAppL­oaderCore/pull/15 ?

edit: I'll look into it now

• If there is anything (even a space) in the "search" field, the category buttons stop working.

• I just created a hot fix for the non working chip buttons (category filter buttons): https://github.com/espruino/EspruinoAppL­oaderCore/pull/18

• Dev app loader should be fixed now - please can you give it a go and check?

• Can confirm that the filter buttons now work. Although, "Favourites" seems to be broken... I have favourites marked, but the "Favourites" list is empty.

• Also working for me. Required a refresh (I guess the browser had cached it?)

• Odd - favourites seems to work for me... Is it broken for anyone else (on the development app loader).

• Favourites works now... Out of the blue. And I tested it on both my computer and phone. Oh well, false alarm.

• Yes, every filter seems to work!

• I may be a bit late - but, yes, favourites are working again. Thank you very much for your effort!

• Categories work, but for some reason some apps don´t have the favourites icon. Languages, AC-AC and Assisted GPS for example.

• I guess because they're configurable apps and can't be automatically installed.

• I guess because they're configurable apps and can't be automatically installed.

Yes, I think that's it... I guess maybe they could be favourites and then just not installable with 'install favourites' though.

• I would very much prefer that. The more the app loader grows, the more time it takes to find your configurable favourites.
    Fun fact - apps that were added to favourites before they became configurable still show up as favourites, but without the heart icon. So they will stay favourites forever.

• Also I'd like if "Firmware Update" could be added to favorites.

• Maybe Firmware Update should have special treatment? It isn't that obvious that you need to use an app (that isn't even an app in the usual sense).

• AGPS and FirmwareUpdate (and maybe more ones) could certainly step aside of app list as they are system tools and not app. Maybe a separate row containing these usefull and necessary tools ?

• Maybe a separate row containing these usefull and necessary tools ?

We could definitely have a new 'system tool'/similar chip for filtering them out

• I forgot to add to this list the Language app.

But, btw, (sorry it s a bit out of topic) is it still usefull as there s now an option to set the correct and desired language, before installing apps, under the …More tab ?

• for filtering them out

that d be a good idea indeed

• Language app... is it still usefull as there s now an option to set the correct and desired language, before installing apps, under the …More tab ?

Yes, because it sets up time/date/distance/speed formatting based on your country. Maybe the docs could be more explicit there....

that d be a good idea indeed

Any thoughts on what it should be called? "System Tools" seems maybe to conflict with "Tools". Maybe "Config"?

• Maybe "Special"? I feel "Config" doesn't cover the range of things that would be in there - Firmware Update isn't configuration, for example.

• Maybe just "System".

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Bangle.js App Loader categories broken?

Posted by Avatar for Andreas_Rozek @Andreas_Rozek

Actions