• I have noticed sometimes that my Bangle.js 2 becomes frozen when connected to gadgetbridge. I will look at my watch and realize the time has been stuck for an he hour and it is unresponsive to button presses. Disconnecting the device in the gadgetbridge android app will fix the issue. I can then reconnect without issues. This seems to happens every few days.

On Bangle JS:

• FW 2v10.219
    • Android integration app
    • weather app
    • weather clock

On android device:

• Android 11
    • Gadgetbridge 0.63.1

Has anyone else noticed this issue?

• Has anyone else noticed this issue?

Yes have seen it once or twice, not observed a repeatable pattern yet.
    Mine hung the other day, I got a buzz for a message that I did not look at.
    40 minutes later I noticed the watch was stuck.

It might be worth eliminating the weather part of the aps, ie just run Gadgetbridge / Messages on their own to see if it can be reproduced.

• But before anything else, update the firmware. There's been many fixes and improvements since 2v10.219...

https://www.espruino.com/Bangle.js2#firm­ware-updates

• Yeah have been meaning to do that, was hoping the firmware update app would be ready soon but guess ill try doing it the "hard" way.

• i have seen it too on my bangle. Even if running latest versions of firmware and softwares.
    Holding Btn to relaunch the clock face synched the bangle again.
    i was suspecting the messages i did not look at… maybe its delay that puts the watch in stuck mode

• I know the Q Alarm app had some issues where it would stop the clock updating. I wonder if there are other apps with similar problems

• I think you have put your finger on it, QAlarm in my case has an alarm set at 7:30 AM and it is often the exact time the Bangle gets stuck with a loading popup on

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Bangle JS 2 sometimes freezes when connected to gadgetbridge

Posted by Avatar for jgDev @jgDev

Actions