• Hello,

I wanted to implement a left/right touch differentation. I am supposed to use the button value, where 1 is left and 2 is right. This is a cool idea because then everybody who does this differentation would use the same X values to say if the touch was left/right, which results in no matter what app I use, whenever I press right, its always right (or left, and I learn to press further right).

My issue is that imo, too much of the screen goes towards the right side. The differentation happens in the firmware, which we can find here. So whenever the X touch coordinate is greater then 80, its a right touch, otherwise a left one. From experimenting, the X coordinates go from 1 (furthest left I was able to touch) to 191 (furthes right). This gives us a difference of 190 X jumpes, where the half would be at 95 X, and not 80.

I guess the 80 is the middle value for the Bangle js 1? Anyway, it would need to be increased for the 2 watch :)

• Could be a bug or might have been done deliberately that way.

Bangle JS 1 is 240x240 - would expect centre to be 120
    Bangle JS 2 is 178x178 - would expect centre to be 89

• Are you saying this because you notice there is an issue, or have you just seen it in the firmware?

It sure looks like the 80 that you see there should be 88 instead, but I doubt many would notice.

Bangle.js 1 doesn't have a full touchscreen though - it's just 2 areas that are wired in almost like buttons - so none of that code is called for that

• Im saying this because I definitely noticed that.

Im very sure the half is at 95, from touching the screen.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Bangle.js 2 Bangle.on('touch') left/right too much on the right

Posted by Avatar for Poolitzer @Poolitzer

Actions