Yesterday, I got my two new Bangles ("for both hands"!) - and, right after connecting the first one to my desktop, I just wanted to update the applications that came with the watch (from within https://banglejs.com/apps/).
However, update failed with the browser messages
Launcher Update failed Reference Error: appListStr is not defined
Bootloader Update failed Reference Error: appListStr is not defined
Update failed, no Apps can be updated
(unfortunately, these messages disappear soon after being shown so that I cannot simply copy-and-paste them here). The watch itself, it wants me to Hold the button to reload - but even then, I can not reconnect the watch until I reboot it.
Hold the button to reload
Does anybody have an idea how to proceed?
Thanks in advance for any help!
I guess I can answer this question myself: simply retry updating - after a while it will (hopefully) proceed.
Nevertheless, these problems are quite annoying...
Nota bene: it may be helpful to reload the App Loader page (at https://banglejs.com/apps/) in order to reset its internal BLE state - I found that the Bangle sometimes leaves the browser in a state that does not allow to reconnect the watch...
Wow, that all seems strange. Anyone else had this issue?
It might be worth making sure you do a full refresh of the page (Ctrl+F5) just in case somehow you were left with some cached version of a file in the app loader that was older than the others
Yeah, I've had some error mentioning appListStr pop up every now and then.
But retrying/refreshing fixed it every time, so I didn't look into it.
(and I usually use my localhost loader, and figured that might cause it)
Is there something wrong with the official AppLoader?
It now shows, after Ctrl+F5, for example Languages v0.11. When I connect my Bangle.js2 it shows I can upgrade Languages to v.013. However when I click on 'v.013' the Change Log doesn't go further than 0.11. Same hold for 3 other apps that are upgradable.
Edit - Okay it seems I installed those newer versions myself with the development AppLoader... So no cache issues here.
I have seem this a few times. I put it down to flaky Wifi at my end.
Potentially I might have seen it when I have cocked up on an apps.json change and uploaded to my App Loader.
Don't worry about formatting, just type in the text and we'll take care of making sense of it. We will auto-convert links, and if you put asterisks around words we will make them bold.
For a full reference visit the Markdown syntax.
© Espruino, powered by microcosm.
Report a problem