• Hello,

I am success to connect 3 bangles together at same time,

and attempt to connect 4th bangle, cannot scan any more bangle.

and after disconnected one of bangle, available scan one more.

is it possible more than 3 bangles connect in one PC?

someone help me how to connect 10 bangles in one PC?

• Hi,

It should be possible to connect up to 6 on most computers, sometimes 7. However that is 6 bluetooth devices in total, so if you're already connected to a bluetooth Mouse, Keyboard and Headphones then that will only leave 3 devices left, which might be what you're seeing.

Another option is to use Bluetooth Advertising (if you only need to get data in one direction - from a Bangle to your PC). That will work with any number of devices. There's some example code here: http://www.espruino.com/BLE+Advertising

It's also possible to use Bluetooth Advertising via a website on some devices (Android phones for sure). While I don't have a tutorial on that if you need it, let me know and I can come up with an example for you.

• Dear Gordon,
    Thank you for your reply, and Yes, I really want to tutorial code of it by bangles. please help me! and I will send video file of my web service introduction with bangles by your email if you want.

• Ok - bear in mind it's as I said above - this is only for getting data from a Bangle, not the other way.

All you need to get started is Chrome's example:

https://googlechrome.github.io/samples/w­eb-bluetooth/scan.html?namePrefix=Bangle­&allAdvertisements=true

And then on the Bangle you advertise the data you want. For example:

function updateAdvertising() {
      var data = new Uint8Array(2);
      data[0] = E.getTemperature();
      data[1] = E.getBattery();
      NRF.setAdvertising({},{
        showName:false,
        manufacturer:0x0590,
        manufacturerData:data
      });
    } 
    updateAdvertising();
    setInterval(updateAdvertising, 10000); // update every 10 seconds

Now you'll see that in Chrome, event.manufacturerData contains the data that you sent over, for every Bangle. No connection or pairing needed!

I had a quick test, and as far as I can tell it only works properly (reporting back data) in Android (not Windows or Linux). I guess Mac OS might work too, but I haven't tested

• Dear Gordon, really thank you for your kind.
    I try by Windows 10, android(Galaxy10, Chrome), but just see same result
    "Argh! TypeError: navigator.bluetooth.requestLEScan is not a function"
    I am searching the reason of this alert, just find this kind of answer.
    link

If possible, please show detail of your process by chrome? I want to using it on the chrome web browser 😄

• Did you do what it says right at the start of https://googlechrome.github.io/samples/w­eb-bluetooth/scan.html?namePrefix=Bangle­&allAdvertisements=true ?

You must be using Chrome 79+ with the chrome://flags/#enable-experimental-web-­platform-features flag enabled.

• you are right, after chrome://flags/#enable-experimental-web-­platform-features , check enable, "Argh! TypeError: navigator.bluetooth.requestLEScan is not a function" is disappeared! and andriod chrome recieved all advertisement imformation well, but window 10 chrome not 😂 anyway, your help is so helpful for me, and please share if it possible on window10 environment next time. thank you very much!!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

is it possible more than 3 bangles connect in one PC?

Posted by Avatar for user133052 @user133052

Actions