• I updated to the latest Settings App (v0.27), Booloader (v0.27) and Vertical Clock (v0.9)
    Whilst looking at another issue I set default clock to Vertical Clock and when I came out of settings
    I got the following error.
    In this state the Watch is locked, none of the buttons or touch controls will return you to the Launcher or settings App. The clock continues to run buts thats all.

>
     ____                 _
    |  __|___ ___ ___ _ _|_|___ ___
    |  __|_ -| . |  _| | | |   | . |
    |____|___|  _|_| |___|_|_|_|___|
             |_| espruino.com
     2v09.90 (c) 2021 G.Williams
    Uncaught Error: Unknown UI mode
     at line 31 col 38
        throw new Error("Unknown UI mode");
                                         ^
    in function called from line 5 col 1952
    ...HRM=[];}drawBPM(HRMstate);});Bangle.o­n('touch',function(button){if(b...
                                          ^
    at line 6 col 325
    ...PSPower(1);}else{eval(clockApp);delet­e clockApp;}
                                           ^
    > 

• Are you sure you did update to the newest bootloader? I'd expect this to happen when you had the nearest vertical clock but not bootloader...

• Yes - I updated all apps that said they were out of date, which at the time was those 3.

The issue is indeed with Vertical Clock which appears to be broken now - maybe nothing to do with bootloader or the settings app.

I only noticed as I used it to look at something else and used Vertical Face to test something.

@Gordon - I can see you did a change in commit a4358600a0791e17cc5978c9ae0d08b0a584e6b4­

Author: Gordon Williams gw@pur3.co.uk
    Date: Mon Jun 28 11:13:47 2021 +0100

verticalface 0.09: Fix time when minutes<10 and hours>9 (fix #767)

which introduced

Bangle.setUI("clockupdown", btn=>{

• Argh, sorry about that. The odd thing is that the bootloader (via bootupdate.js) does define clockupdown. What firmware version do you have? process.env.COMMIT

I think what might have happened is your firmware is new enough to have Bangle.setUI but not new enough to have clockupdown in it. If you had an older firmware without it then the bootloader code would have 'polyfilled' it with the correct version

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

throw new Error("Unknown UI mode"); - when selecting Vertical Clock as default clock.

Posted by Avatar for HughB @HughB

Actions