• Hello,

Newby here with a new Puck.js , flashed to 2v09, and battery pull rebooted.

Espruino web IDE shows HWVERSION as 1 and which generates "Uncaught Error: Not available on Puck.js v1" when at HTML line

Puck.accelOn()

How can HWVERSION be updated to 2?

Thanks in advance, Jeff

1 Attachment

• Espruino IDE HWVERSION.jpg
  • Hi Jeff,

What does your Puck.js say on the back (opposite side to the BLE Aerial)?

The first version of Puck.js only had a magnetometer which you can use with Puck.magOn(). There was no accelerometer chip on it at all - so making something like Puck.accelOn() work with a software update wouldn't be possible.

• Just to add, you say the Puck is new? Where did you buy it from?

It is possible that the software update has somehow decided your Puck.js 2.0 is actually a version 1, but I was pretty careful to stop it doing that. If the software can't detect, I believe it reports undefined

• Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the help. I bought it from Espruino.com with Order ID: 4596 on 10 June. The Puck.js says 2.1a and a picture is below. Curiously when I first flashed the Puck.accelOn(), Espruino Web IDE gave appropriate values for accel and gyro. Now Puck.accelOn() gives Uncaught error: Not available on Puck.js v1 as shown in the screenshot below.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

2 Attachments

• IDE snip.JPG
    • Puck.jpg
  • Hi Jeff,

Ok, thanks! I think I see what's happened.

Your Puck.js 2.1 came with a firmware 2v09.87 which supported the slightly different magnetometer hardware on it. Puck.js 2.1 was only released this month so it's pretty new.

I think when you got it, you likely 'downgraded' the firmware to the current 'stable' release 2v09 which doesn't support your new Puck. When 2v10 of the firmware is released it will support it, but until then, if you install the 'cutting edge' Puck.js firmware from https://www.espruino.com/binaries/travisĀ­/master/ then that should sort out all your problems!

Do you remember if the Web IDE told you the Puck.js firmware was out of date? If so that's something I should get fixed.

• Hi Gordon,

I flashed firmware 2v09.90 and all is good. I do not remember the Web IDE telling me the firmware was out of date. I should have noticed I was downgrading the firmware. Great product and amazing support.

Jeff

• Great - glad it's sorted!

Hopefully I'll get a 2v10 release out soon and nobody else will have this problem! Usually it is a good idea to do firmware updates as soon as you get the device - but because I was rushing to get more stock of the new Pucks we're programming them ourselves, so they should all end up with new firmware this time

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

New Puck.js, flashed to 2v09, but HWVERSION is 1 in Espruino web IDE

Posted by Avatar for Jeff @Jeff

Actions