• Hey all!

    I very recently received my Bangle.js, and it's a blast to use!
    I am having an issue that has just begun after I tried connecting GadgetBridge (but forgetting to install the app for the watch), and then receiving a "FIFO_FULL" error on the watch. Now, whenever I try to connect to the watch from anything (Web IDE, Apps Loader) I get an error saying " ERROR: NotFoundError: No Services matching UUID 6e400001-b5a3-f393-e0a9-e50e24dcca9e found in Device.", however, looking at chrome://bluetooth-internals I can clearly see a service on the watch with that exact UUID. I've already restarted both the watch and my laptop (running Kubuntu 20.10 if that helps) several times, but to no avail.

    Thanks in advance! I really look forward to getting to use this again.

  • UPDATE: I got it working again! I managed to put it into DFU mode and do a firmware "update" (it was already on latest) and after restarting my laptop one final time, it now works. I have absolutely no clue what happened, but at least it works now!

    EDIT: Not sure if related, but it kinda sounds like what made it work again was turning BLE.... off? Idk how it's even working like this, but I am connected and able to push code with BLE turned completely off. :/

  • Hi! Glad it's sorted for you!

    That's an odd one though - if it happens again maybe you could check with the nRF connect app on your phone to see if the Bangle does have the service, as it could just be something on your PC.

    I use Linux all the time here, and I have found that Bluetooth can be a bit flaky sometimes. A restart should have totally sorted it, but I did have one very similar case a while back where Bluetooth would refuse to connect to a device until I removed it from the 'Bluetooth Devices' list.

  • Back again with the same issue! Not sure what's triggering it to happen exactly, but it's the exact same error message. I tried the "Web Bluetooth / Device Info Sample" on Google Chrome's github.io page (this), and it was able to detect the watch fine with the characteristic, but the IDE returns the error originally mentioned ("BT> ERROR: NotFoundError: No Services matching UUID 6e400001-b5a3-f393-e0a9-e50e24dcca9e found in Device."). I've tried everything that I tried that got it to work last time, but to no avail. (restarting both bangle and laptop multiple times, reflashing bangle firmware, toggling all features of BLE on the bangle several times, reinstalling bluetooth-related packages on laptop)

    It might be worth mentioning that I let the Bangle sit unused for a while (got an infection on my wrist for unrelated reasons).

    I'm truly at a loss at this point. Attached is a screenshot of the Chrome DevTools, around the related section of the logs.

    1 Attachment

    • ChromeDevTools_BangleUUIDError.png
  • Did you try the 'resetting without loading code' steps for Bangle.js? https://www.espruino.com/Bangle.js#reset¬≠ting-without-loading-any-code

    If the Bangle got configured to turn the UART off, just restarting it or uploading new firmware probably wouldn't fix that.

    Also, do you have any luck connecting with espruino.com/ide from an Android phone/tablet or other PC? It might help to narrow down what's at fault.

  • Sorry, somehow managed to get locked out of my account.

    I tried out the no-code reset, and I can now indeed connect! This is really strange, I'm not sure what custom code ran that prevented it from being programmed, but I'll try and figure that out on my own.

    Thanks so much for the ongoing support! This project is amazing!

  • Great - glad it worked for you!

    You might expect to get this error if the code NRF.setServices({}, {uart:false}) got executed at boot time on Bangle.js - but this isn't something that any built-in code does, so I'm not sure how you could have got into that state!

    (the forum logins are based on email address - so chances are if you used a different email address then you'll get logged in as a different user).

  • Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • Image
    • List
    • Quote
    • code
    • Preview

"No Services matching UUID found in Device" error when trying to connect

Posted by Avatar for user127585 @user127585