Can't connect Bangle.JS via Chrome

Posted on
  • Hi guys, If you can assist me would be nice.

My problem is a I can't connect my Bangle to ide ou Apps via Google Chrome.

BLE is ON
    Program is ON
    HID is OFF
    Also update to last firmware
    Made several resets

My SO is Win10 last update
    My browser is Chrome last update

I can connect via my Android and also directly using Bluetooth IDE on Windows 10.

Any thoughts?

• Fri 2020.04.24

Hi @user101316 Windows10 can be a bit fiddly, as you have found out.

'directly using Bluetooth IDE on Windows 10'

By 'directly', what exactly is being done here? What is meant by 'Bluetooth IDE'?

Which WebIDE is being used, the local install .exe app, or the online ide:

https://www.espruino.com/ide/

When using Windows10 Settings >> Bluetooth and Other Devices >> Other Devices, does the Bangle show as 'paired' beneath that heading?

• When using Windows10 Settings >> Bluetooth and Other Devices >> Other Devices, does the Bangle show as 'paired' beneath that heading?

Bangle.js does not have to be paired and in fact that could hinder it being found in the IDE / App Loader.

If you start the app loader and then open the Chrome Dev console and try to connect, do you see any message?

Same with the IDE? What happens? Do you see a "Web Bluetooth" menu option? Can you get the 'Device chooser' up? Does it show your device?

Also worth just restarting your Windows PC if you haven't already.

• Fri 2020.04.24

'does not have to be paired and in fact that could hinder it being found in the IDE'

Now that is interesting. I am working with the Beta KS as I am waiting for the chance to flash the new firmware. I use the installed .exe WebIDE 90% of the time, it will not make a connection unless I go through the sequence of allowing Windows to 'Add Bluetooth or Other Device' from the settings menu, that is needed should the WebIDE ever lock up. When Windows goes through that process, pairing just takes place, I'm not controlling that. The same holds true for the MDBT42Q.

I'll continue to monitor/test over the next week and also take a closer peek when connecting using the online IDE. I'll post back when I have the luxury of flashing the new 2V05 as a comparison.

• I can see Web Bluetooth on Chrome, choose to connect the Bangle, click on Synchronize and then nothing happens. Stuck on Getting App List. (PrintScreen attached)

The behavior on Web IDE. Stuck on Connecting BLE (PrintScreen attached)

Any Thoughts?

2 Attachments

• StuckWEBIDE.png
    • StuckApps.png
  • Problem solved!
    BangleAPPS: About Tab -> Utilities -> Remove all Apps
    Try to connect again works fine.

Thanks

• Great, thanks for letting us know!

I think chances are you'd got Programmable set to Off in settings then...

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Can't connect Bangle.JS via Chrome

Posted by Avatar for user101316 @user101316

Actions