How to flash your ESP8266

Posted on
  • I have used this script for the D1 Mini and NodeMcu Lua ESP8266 ESP-12F (50 times for the 2019 Node Days) and I just wanted to share it with everyone for easy readying:

esptool.py --port  /dev/cu.wchusbserial1460 --baud 460800 write_flash --flash_freq 80m --flash_mode dio --flash_size 4MB 0x0000 espruino_2v04_esp8266_4mb_combined_4096.­bin 

1) You'll have to download the single "4096" file.
    Here's the latest:
    https://www.espruino.com/binaries/esprui­no_2v04_esp8266_4mb_combined_4096.bin

2) and of course you'd change the serial port which I have as /dev/cu.wchusbserial1460
    (to find out what is yours. if you're on mac look for /dev/cu.* , linux it's /dev/ttyUSB* and on windows it's usually COM3, COM4 or COM10 look in your "device manager" under "ports")

3) Remember there is a building in NodeMCU object which will map to the pins in the board so you'd setup access to the D4 pin (which is the built in LED) as:
    let LED1 = NodeMCU.D4;

• Thanks, are working perfectly. Off course how will follow this, need change the bin name and COM port number.

If you have power to change the esp's documentation, will be help this comands to be more effective at newest players.

• I'm a little confused Fernando.
    Are you asking for a particular page on the regular espruino page to be updated to what I wrote above?

We can do that because all the pages are available on github and we can simply make a request that they be changed.

Which page is it that you wanted to change?

• Hi....I can't get the firmware to streak onto my ESP8266. In the flasher I have my firmware picked, I have GPIO0 to ground and I hit streak and the wheel turns, the blue LED flickers, yet the advancement bar never begins moving or anything. I checked the Log and it is by all accounts stuck on "NOTE:Begin discover ESP8266."

Does anybody know what I need to do to get the flasher to discover the ESP8266 and get the firmware streaked?

• Thr 2021.09.30

post #4   'I have GPIO0 to ground'

and the other pins @HankStarr ?

http://www.espruino.com/ESP8266_Flashing­

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About