RAK8212 -BG96 can't register to network

Posted on
  • I used your reference codes to test BG96 functions , we always meet some errors like " NO SERVICE " , can some one help us?

QNWINFO: NO SERVICE

CSQ: NOSERVICE

function testAT(command) {

console.log("Connectingular Modem ...");
    require("iTracker").setCellOn(true, function (usart) {
      console.log("Cellularm connected.");
     setInterval(toggle1, 1000);
      at = require("AT").connect(usart);
      sendAtCommand("AT+GMR");
      //sendAtCommand('ATE0');
      //Singtel – Singapore (CAT-M1)
      sendAtCommand('AT+QCFG="band",0,4,80,1')­; 
      sendAtCommand('AT+QCFG="nwscanseq",03010­2,1');
      sendAtCommand('AT+QCFG="nwscanmode",3,1'­);
      sendAtCommand('AT+QCFG="iotopmode",0,1')­;
      sendAtCommand('AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","intern­et.iot"'); 
      sendAtCommand('AT+CGREG?'); 
      sendAtCommand('AT+CTZU=1'); 
      setTimeout(function () {
        checkStatus(); 
      }, 5000);
    });
    }
    function checkStatus(command) {

console.log("checkStatus------->");
      sendAtCommand('AT+CFUN=1');    
     sendAtCommand('at+cpin?'); 
      sendAtCommand('AT+COPS?');
      sendAtCommand('AT+CEREG=2');
      sendAtCommand('AT+CEREG?');
      sendAtCommand('AT+QNWINFO'); // network information
      sendAtCommand('AT+QSPN'); //registered network
      sendAtCommand('AT+QCSQ'); // signal strength
    }

1 Attachment

• By reference codes, you mean https://wolfgangklenk.wordpress.com/2018­/10/12/espruino-on-rak8212-accessing-the­-nb-iot-nb1-modem/ ?

What happens if you manually add each command on the left-hand side of the IDE one at a time? You can also add at.debug() to get debug text printed to help you.

The problem may be that you're executing the commands right after each other with no delay between them. In that case, it may be that the modem is just not having time to get a connection.

• @wklenk do you have any thoughts about why they might be getting a NOSERVICE message?

• @Gordon

do you have any thoughts about why they might be getting a NOSERVICE message?

I don't know in detail, but what I am missing in the example code is an AT command "AT+COPS" to manually register at the network. I did my tests with NB-IoT capable SIM cards by Vodafone (Germany) and 1NCE. So maybe it is the missing step to register at the network.

I just updated my MQTT via NB-IoT example a few days ago, you can see the sequence of AT commands there. Check it out at

https://github.com/wklenk/rak8212-esprui­no-nb-iot/blob/master/data-logger-bg96-m­qtt.js

• after adding sendAtCommand("AT+CMEE=1"); I got the error code : 10 , which means " SIM card is not inserted"

we changed the direction to insert SIM , but got the same error, what could be wrong?

• we finally found this is because of SIM card contact point not good. every time we need to push SIM card to make it working

• @wklenk thanks!

Glad you got it working - that seems like something you might want to talk to RAK about?

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

RAK8212 -BG96 can't register to network

Posted by Avatar for user97438 @user97438

Actions