TimeZoneOffset

Posted on
  • When I download using the Web (Chrome) IDE the timezone offset is correctly set to EST (-5) but when I use the Windows IDE it is set to zero.

• Sun 2019.01.06

IDE >> Settings >> Communications >> Set Current Time

http://www.espruino.com/Reference#Date

E.setTimeZone(1)

• Actually, the problem is that the native IDE and the Web IDE don't share the settings. I had set it in the web IDE. I had also have to check Set Current Time in the native IDE. The reason I didn't realize that at first is that apparently, the PIXL remember the year from before so it wasn't obvious it wasn't updating the information.

• Ahh - thanks for letting us know!

And yes, unfortunately the Chrome/Native IDEs are completely separate so no settings are shared. I'd considered having a login based on the Espruino forums login that'd allow shared settings/etc but actually some people would prefer that the online aspect got kept to a minimum.

• I agree that making the IDE cloud-dependent would be good but it would be nice to have a reconciliation option as I do with Visual Studio Code. In fact I'd really like to use VSC as my IDE but when I tried it appeared that the implementation wasn't complete.

• I'd really like to use VSC as my IDE but when I tried it appeared that the implementation wasn't complete.

Maybe you could post a new forum post on that? the Espruino CLI should work fine with VSC

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

TimeZoneOffset

Posted by Avatar for BobFrankston @BobFrankston

Actions